field operating tip: paperless logging in a pinch

field operating tip: paperless logging in a pinch

wayne burdick
Administrator
Suppose you're operating in the field, or mobile, and don't have a log
book or writing instrument. You then snag a new state or country and
want to remember the call, etc. What to do?

This happened to me today while walking around with my KX1. I worked
AA5AE in New Mexico using 1.5 watts and a 4-foot whip--a new state for
my pedestrian-mobile effort. Not trusting my memory (for the time,
call, QTH, name, and RST), I used one of the KX1's two CW message
buffers to log the QSO. On arriving home, I played back the buffer (in
P=0 playback mode) and logged the QSO.

73,
Wayne
N6KR

---

http://www.elecraft.com

You must subscribe to post.
Subscriber Info (Addr. Change, Unsub etc): http://mailman.qth.net/subscribers.htm
Elecraft page: http://www.elecraft.com

RE: field operating tip: paperless logging in a pinch

Jerry-79
Wayne,
That was a great Idea.  I have operated mobile for years and am very bad
about logging.  I do know that a lot of folks use a cell phone that has
messaging to record or log important contacts.  I don't own a cell phone but
wanted to share the information.

73's Jerry KC4YDP

K24U Software   http://www.kc4ydp.com