[fpqrp] KX1 portable antenna

Aron Brown
Decided to try a new antenna I bought a few weeks ago while my son was
taking a nap. Pulled out my DK9SQ vertical mast and attached it to the
railing of my back deck. I then attached a Par Electronics 20 meter End Fed
antenna and hoisted it up to 30'. My analyzer says that it is 1:1 to 1:6 on
20 meters with the higher SWR in the phone part of the band. Hooked up my
KX1 using my wall wort. The rig showed 3.4 watts. Found out the the NA
constest is on so I tried the FP freq. Found a weak station calling CQ on
14.060.6. Answered the call and had a very nice chat for about 20 minutes
with Don (N3LAZ/qrp) in Bradford Woods, PA. He was running 4 watts and using
a K2 (what else....)and a G5RV antenna.
The band was tough for a while but I got most of the QSO. Really felt good
as I have not been able to get on the air much between parenting and work. I
am going to leave the DK9SQ in the car along with the KX1 and try to get on
the air whenever I have time during the day.
Thanks Don for the very nice QSO.
That KX1 sure is a great rig.
Aron
NN1F
Bedford, NH
FP#122
KX1 #341
K2#1555
K1#491

-To unsubscribe, mail to [hidden email], msg: unsubscribe fpqrp-l -