k2 #4515 on air !

f6crp
Hello the list,

My K2 # 4515 is now totally operational in CW and SSB and made its first SSB
QSO yesterday evening on 80 m. The KSB2  finished and tested, I contacted
some stations on 80m in SSB. I received excellent reports of modulation,
using a Yaesu MD100 or a MH1.

The receiver is excellent, rarely heard something so pleasant to listen to,
I had the occasion to test many receivers
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/f6crp/0english/denise3.htm. Only my R4C gets me so
much pleasure to listen to. I needed 50 hours to build the kit (k2+ ksb2),
the manual is really very well made and pleasant to read.

During the assembly, I had only two small problems:

 - One 2N7000, Q4 on Control Board, QRT, probably by ESD, in spite of the
taken precautions.  I observed even symptoms as Brian, W3BW. If I moved the
VFO knob or pushed on any button, the line +8R went to ground and the
receiver mute.

 - last saturday, probably tired ( hi ), I inverted T3. For a power of 5 W,
the K2 consumed 4 A

Thanks to all the development team for this magic transceiver , to those of
the support who answer very fast (Gary and the others). Thanks to you all,
American friends, I am a happy owner of the best products whom I know, Drake
and Elecraft.
I hope to contact you this weekend during the CQ WW.

73 Denis F6CRP

Re: k2 #4515 on air !

Philippe-35
Le ven 26/11/2004 à 14:00, f6crp a écrit :
> Hello the list,
>
> My K2 # 4515 is now totally operational in CW and SSB and made its first SSB
> QSO yesterday evening on 80 m. The KSB2  finished and tested, I contacted
> some stations on 80m in SSB. I received excellent reports of modulation,
> using a Yaesu MD100 or a MH1.

Welcome to the Club ;-) My #4068 is not yet complete. Working on Part
III.

Hope to hear you soon

73,
Philippe