k2 #7377

haircutter@verizon.net
Hello folks,
built my k2 around this time last year. And with the help from Don (w3fpr). got it working like gang-busters. Been pounding brass with it all year.
 This evening I decided to use my old bug with the rig. When I plug the cable into the jack , it keys, but if I just push the plug in far enough to just get a little pressure it works fb. Have the menu set for "I n P Hand" and have used the bug before with my k3 and kx1.
 It works fb when I plug it into my K3 .....
Any Ideas where to look?

Don....w2xb

Re: k2 #7377

bdenley
DON:
Does your bug have a stereo jack?

Brian KB1VBF

Sent from my iPad

> On Nov 6, 2013, at 11:21 PM, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello folks,
> built my k2 around this time last year. And with the help from Don (w3fpr).
> got it working like gang-busters. Been pounding brass with it all year.
> This evening I decided to use my old bug with the rig. When I plug the
> cable into the jack , it keys, but if I just push the plug in far enough to
> just get a little pressure it works fb. Have the menu set for "I n P Hand"
> and have used the bug before with my k3 and kx1.
> It works fb when I plug it into my K3 .....
> Any Ideas where to look?
>
> Don....w2xb

Re: k2 #7377

Don,

I am sorry, but I do not follow all that you are saying "it keys, but if
I just push the plug in far enough to just get a little pressure it
works fb" - so I do not understand what works and what does not work.
What do you mean by "it keys" - that would normally tell me that it
works OK - it keys the K2 'with bug talk', so what is the problem with
"getting a little pressure"?

Do you have a mono plug on that bug cable?  It must be a stereo plug to
use with the K2 - connect between the tip and the shell - nothing
connected to the ring.

On 11/6/2013 11:21 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hello folks,
> built my k2 around this time last year. And with the help from Don (w3fpr).
> got it working like gang-busters. Been pounding brass with it all year.
>   This evening I decided to use my old bug with the rig. When I plug the
> cable into the jack , it keys, but if I just push the plug in far enough to
> just get a little pressure it works fb. Have the menu set for "I n P Hand"
> and have used the bug before with my k3 and kx1.
>   It works fb when I plug it into my K3 .....
> Any Ideas where to look?

Re: k2 #7377

haircutter@verizon.net
Well after opening up the K2 and checking the soldering and jack. Making sure all was assembled right.
I decided to check it again(send sum cw). Same thing. So decided to do the simplest thing. Make a new cable with a new plug. Duh!!! Works great now...
 boy I hate these senior moments. Seem to getting more and more of them lately   :-)

Don...w2xb

P.S. sorry about the using up the band width......