k2 encoder dial

haircutter@verizon.net
Finally recieved my missing parts for the control board and fired up the K2 for the first test. All
the relays, switches etc. work fb. But I can't change freqs when I turn the main dial. The rit works  ok
No error messages. Guess I will have to take the front board out and recheck everything..

Don....w2xb

Re: k2 encoder dial

Jim Wiley
Make sure the "dial lock" function is not engaged. If it is, the decimal
point to the right of the 1 kHz digit will be flashing.  If that  is not
the case, then perhaps the encoder is not wired correctly, or there is a
solder splash or something similar.

Try direct frequency entry.  To do this, press BAND+ and BAND-
simultaneously, release them, and use the 0-9 buttons for direct entry.
use 4 digits for 80, 60  and 40 meters, 5 digits for 30 meters and
higher,  leading 0 plus 4 digits for 160 meters.

- Jim, KL7CC