keyer test mode

greg fripp
my k1 is arriving fully built next week.
(thank colin m0ccgh for building it)
i have a query though about it
the keyed test modes mentioned on peg 55 of their handbook
it says that you can practice sending recording messages
 OR JUST SENDING CODE WITH THE  KEYER ( my caps)
i would like to use it to listen to my code as i learn
can i use my k1 for that?
colin seems to think that i can't
could some experts help me please?
this would prove very useful to me...

Re: keyer test mode

Andrew Moore-3
To use "test mode" for practicing CW sending on the K1:

Select the OUT  menu entry and hold EDIT to display the power output level.

Next, hold DISPLAY.

The power output parameter will change to P = 0 , indicating that
the transmitter is disabled.

To restore the original power level setting, hold DISPLAY  again.

--Andrew, NV1B

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 5:08 AM, greg fripp <[hidden email]> wrote:

> my k1 is arriving fully built next week.
> i would like to use it to listen to my code as i learn
> can i use my k1 for that?

Re: keyer test mode

Greg,

You can use most any transceiver that generates sidetone for that
purpose.  Turn the power down and attach a dummy load.

With the K1, set the menu OUT parameter to as low a setting as
possible.  I would attach a dummy load in any event, even if the
indicated power output is zero.

On 10/18/2012 5:08 AM, greg fripp wrote:

> my k1 is arriving fully built next week.
> (thank colin m0ccgh for building it)
> i have a query though about it
> the keyed test modes mentioned on peg 55 of their handbook
> it says that you can practice sending recording messages
>   OR JUST SENDING CODE WITH THE  KEYER ( my caps)
> i would like to use it to listen to my code as i learn
> can i use my k1 for that?
> colin seems to think that i can't
> could some experts help me please?
> this would prove very useful to me...

Re: keyer test mode

Richard-3
You can save messages and the listen to them repeatedly.  You can set power out to zero and send messages by key and listen while sending.  Note sure I understand the question.  (Not an expert).

Rich
NU6T

greg fripp <[hidden email]> wrote:

>my k1 is arriving fully built next week.
>(thank colin m0ccgh for building it)
>i have a query though about it
>the keyed test modes mentioned on peg 55 of their handbook
>it says that you can practice sending recording messages
> OR JUST SENDING CODE WITH THE  KEYER ( my caps)
>i would like to use it to listen to my code as i learn
>can i use my k1 for that?
>colin seems to think that i can't
>could some experts help me please?
>this would prove very useful to me...
>

>--
>Post: mailto:[hidden email]

Re: keyer test mode

greg fripp
thanks

you may find my website of interest:

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 5:08 AM, greg fripp <<a href="x-msg://145/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=7564270&amp;i=0" target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external">[hidden email]> wrote:

> my k1 is arriving fully built next week.
> i would like to use it to listen to my code as i learn
> can i use my k1 for that?

Post: mailto:<a href="x-msg://145/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=7564270&amp;i=1" target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external">[hidden email]

http://elecraft.365791.n2.nabble.com/keyer-test-mode-tp7564267p7564270.html
To unsubscribe from keyer test mode, click here.
NAML