kpa500 builders

w5sxd
If you think your new kpa500 is heavy and has a lot of parts you need to watch this Hallicrafters video from 1944 ...

http://www.archive.org/details/VoiceofV1944

Bill Tynan, W3XO posted this link to one of the Texas VHF reflectors.

Enjoy!

Richard W5SXD

Re: kpa500 builders

Phil Hystad-3
Richard,

Thanks for the post.  Do you know if there are more videos.  This was part 1 that ends with installing the exciter unit.  I wanted to see them install the PA.

Of course, today the military would use a satellite phone which would be viewed as coming from some aliens of another planet back in that day and age.

73, phil

On Feb 14, 2012, at 7:55 PM, richard allen wrote:

> If you think your new kpa500 is heavy and has a lot of parts you need to watch this Hallicrafters video from 1944 ...
>
> http://www.archive.org/details/VoiceofV1944
>
> Bill Tynan, W3XO posted this link to one of the Texas VHF reflectors.
>
> Enjoy!
>
> Richard W5SXD

Re: kpa500 builders

w5sxd
Phil,

I noticed that also but could not find it. Perhaps someone else will.

I became a ham (K1IGY) 13 years after that film was made. A lot of changes since then.  My new kx3 is gonna be a bit better than the BC-348 of my novice days.

Richard

On Feb 14, 2012, at 10:49 PM, Phil Hystad <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Richard,
>
> Thanks for the post.  Do you know if there are more videos.  This was part 1 that ends with installing the exciter unit.  I wanted to see them install the PA.
>
> Of course, today the military would use a satellite phone which would be viewed as coming from some aliens of another planet back in that day and age.
>
> 73, phil
>
> On Feb 14, 2012, at 7:55 PM, richard allen wrote:
>
>> If you think your new kpa500 is heavy and has a lot of parts you need to watch this Hallicrafters video from 1944 ...
>>
>> http://www.archive.org/details/VoiceofV1944
>>
>> Bill Tynan, W3XO posted this link to one of the Texas VHF reflectors.
>>
>> Enjoy!
>>
>> Richard W5SXD

>> Post: mailto:[hidden email]

Re: kpa500 builders

W0FK
Really interesting. Thanks for posting.

Lou, W0FK
St. Louis, MO

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that
genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Re: kpa500 builders

David Christ
This appears to be part 2