loss of side tone

Tim O'Rourke
After several years of faitfull service my k2 has lost side tone. Any thoughts while I go look for manuals? All else works FB. Tim W4YN

Tim O'Rourke
[hidden email]

RE: loss of side tone

Ron D'Eau Claire-2
Tim, you've probably been bit by the by the "sidetone source" demon.

Go into the menu, choose Sidetone Level "STL".

Press MENU to enable the sidetone level adjustment, the tap DISPLAY.

That changes where the K2 looks for the sidetone from the controller, which
changed a few firmware revs back so it has to be selectable. But if you
accidentally tap DISPLAY while leaving the level menu, you disable the
sidetone in the process! That's the "sidetone source" demon laughing if you
listen very carefully when you should be hearing the tone... But aren't.

Hope that did it!

Ron AC7AC

After several years of faitfull service my k2 has lost side tone. Any
thoughts while I go look for manuals? All else works FB. Tim W4YN

Tim O'Rourke
[hidden email]

RE: loss of side tone

Tim O'Rourke
Ron
You hit it on the button (sic) do not know how it got changed but that worked. Now I do not need another rig in shack on to hear side tone.
Tnx a bunch.
Tim W4YN