mISUNDERSTANDING NOT TO BE PUBLISHED

WA2JJH
A few elekraft hams wanted to know why I would not come up on a QRZ  search.
I did reply directly to them, and not the K2 site.

  I just got about 6 emails telling me I was removed? They came from  hams.
About 2000 have been banned from QRZ on the mere whim of the owner of that
site.

  I understand if elekraft must have a nuetral position. I simply  stated why
I do not come up on a QRZ search. I have held commercial FCC and Ham  Lics
for 30 years.

  This communication is not for publication, but for  clarification.
If FRED is a friend of yours...well what can I  say

RE: mISUNDERSTANDING NOT TO BE PUBLISHED

Ron D'Eau Claire-2
WA2JJH wrote:
A few Elecraft hams wanted to know why I would not come up on a QRZ  search.

-----------

Actually your call and name does come up on QRZ. For address it says
"withheld by request", that's all.

A lot of ops don't realize they can search for any US Ham by going directly
to the FCC database. It sez your are in New York City, N.Y.

The search engine is available at:

http://tinyurl.com/oeuo

That's a shortened URL that will take you there. The full URL is:

http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/searchLicense.jsp

Either one will work as long as the longer one isn't truncated by line
wrapping.

Ron AC7AC

Re: mISUNDERSTANDING NOT TO BE PUBLISHED

Bob Nielsen
On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 04:07:23PM -0800, Ron D'Eau Claire wrote:

> A lot of ops don't realize they can search for any US Ham by going directly
> to the FCC database. It sez your are in New York City, N.Y.
>
> The search engine is available at:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/oeuo
>
> That's a shortened URL that will take you there. The full URL is:
>
> http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/searchLicense.jsp
>
> Either one will work as long as the longer one isn't truncated by line
> wrapping.

A bit easier to use is <http://www.wm7d.net>.  Another is
<http://callsign.ualr.edu/callsign.shtml>.

72,