my final word on tight skirts

Merlarts
I'm pleased that the KDSP2 addresses the issues that limit the KSSB2's
performance.  And yes, that is a common approach these days; have an  unspectacular
filter close to the antenna, and clean things up at audio with  DSP.  This
leads me to say two things:

We all know, or at least we should know, that the best approach has always
been and continues to be, putting the best selectivity as close to the antenna
as possible.

If the KDSP2 is designed to improve (read, make  tolerable) the SSB
performance of the K2, the advertising should  indicate that the K2 should not be used
for serious SSB pursuits unless it's  combined with the KDSP2.  That would be
fair.

I'll probably order one (KDSP2) today.  I hope Eric realizes that  these
criticisms come only because the K2 is a history making radio in most  other
respects.

73,

Merlin, W3ICT