(no subject)

Bruce McLaughlin-2
I just discovered that my P3 QSY knob no longer appears to work with the
K-3.  When I turn it the cursor does not move and the K-3 does not respond
when I press the button.  I reloaded the latest firmware but nothing
changed. Anyone have any suggestions?

Bruce - W8FU

Re: (no subject)

Mike K2MK
Hi Bruce,

Folks seem to interchange the terms "cursor" and "markers". The cursor(s) don't change when you rotate the P3 knob. The cursors indicate the current frequency of VFO A and VFO B. The knob on the P3 only moves the A and B markers which can be made visible or invisible with the 4th button on the right. Moving a marker and pressing the knob will make the K3 VFO change.

73,
Mike K2MK

Bruce McLaughlin-2 wrote
I just discovered that my P3 QSY knob no longer appears to work with the
K-3.  When I turn it the cursor does not move and the K-3 does not respond
when I press the button.  I reloaded the latest firmware but nothing
changed. Anyone have any suggestions?

Bruce - W8FU

Re: (no subject)

Arthur Burke
I'm on the road, so I can't check with my P3, but....

I *think* when you press CENTER, you can use the knob to move the cursor.
In fixed-track mode, the display remains fixed (duh!) as the cursor moves
in tune with the VFO. When it gets to the far edge, the CENTER function,
along with the P3 knob, can be used to "ratchet" the cursor back to another,
new, starting position.

Art - N4PJ

On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 7:34 PM, Mike K2MK <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Bruce,
>
> Folks seem to interchange the terms "cursor" and "markers". The cursor(s)
> don't change when you rotate the P3 knob. The cursors indicate the current
> frequency of VFO A and VFO B. The knob on the P3 only moves the A and B
> markers which can be made visible or invisible with the 4th button on the
> right. Moving a marker and pressing the knob will make the K3 VFO change.
>
> 73,
> Mike K2MK
>

> Bruce McLaughlin-2 wrote
> >
> > I just discovered that my P3 QSY knob no longer appears to work with the
> > K-3.  When I turn it the cursor does not move and the K-3 does not
> respond
> > when I press the button.  I reloaded the latest firmware but nothing
> > changed. Anyone have any suggestions?
> >
> > Bruce - W8FU

Re: (no subject)

Alan Bloom
Hi Bruce,

To move a marker you have to first turn it on by tapping the MKR A
button or holding the MKR B button.  Then the P3's knob will move the
marker around and when you tap the knob, the K3's VFO A (for MKR A) or
VFO B (for MKR B) will QSY to the frequency of the marker.

Alan N1AL