not bashing a product just a warning to future purchasers.

not bashing a product just a warning to future purchasers.

KC6CNN
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: not bashing a product just a warning to future purchasers.

Dr. William J. Schmidt, II
I find their kits to be the exact opposite of your experience. I have six of their kits, the last two were build by my 15 YO son (at the time) with zero problems.  They also have a forum like Elecraft and a very helpful users group and designer, which leads me to ask why you would post this on the Elecraft forum instead of the qrp-labs forum?  Elecraft and qrp-laps fill different segments of business and have no overlap in products.

Owner - Operator
Big Signal Ranch – K9ZC
Staunton, Illinois

Owner – Operator
Villa Grand Piton - J68HZ
Soufriere, St. Lucia W.I.
Rent it: www.VillaGrandPiton.com

email:  [hidden email]

> On May 5, 2017, at 8:02 PM, KC6CNN <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I know that Elecraft does not want people bashing other companies products
> and I in no way want to bash them. I do however want to warn other kit
> builder and kit lovers to please use caution when ordering any kit from
> QRP-LABS. First it ships from Japan, second the products are so poorly made
> that the part leads bend when holding the part up by the end of the lead.
> The design was difficult and instructions are very crude.
> They are Cheap in price lol but also cheap in quality .
>
> Thanks hope this helps someone save their money.
>
> Gerald KC6CNN
>

> -----
> KC6CNN - Gerald
> K1 # 0014
> K3 # 6294
> KX3 # 757

> Message delivered to [hidden email]

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: not bashing a product just a warning to future purchasers.

Bill K9YEQ
My experience with these products to be quite a variable for quality control and luck of the draw applies.  Best of luck to all as you get what you pay for and your experiences will vary dramatically.  I try to stick to known sources and US based. IMHO.  No response expected.

73,
Bill
K9YEQ

Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html Message delivered to [hidden email]

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: not bashing a product just a warning to futurepurchasers.

wb4jfi
While this is OT, I think it deserves a response.  I have built several
QRP-Labs kits, and have had no problems, other than an initial short in the
oven-based oscillator, which we were warned about in the instructions.

These are NOT HeathKit level kits, but almost nothing is anymore.  I
recommend the QRP-Labs Ultimate 3S beacon and other stuff to anyone with
some building experience.  The Ultimate 3S is a good value to me.

As always, YMMV, but these are not nearly as bad as the Chinese ham
projects.
73, Terry, N4TLF

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: not bashing a product just a warning to future purchasers.

I also have purchased one of their kits and was pleased with it in both quality and instructions.
I found no problems at all with the quality and I plan to purchase more from them.

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: not bashing a product just a warning to future purchasers.

Arv K7HKL
The message is bashing a product and bashing a vendor of excellent and very popular products.  This needs to be brought to the attention of moderators for this group for their review and evaluation.
We on the QRP Labs group do not bash Elecraft products, and would appreciate it if your subscribers would have the same consideration for us.

I personally have assembled several of the QRP Labs U3 series products and find them well designed, well documented, and reliable for the intended purpose.  I have also purchased and use several of the QRP Labs partial kits that use an AVR controller and SI5153A synthesis chip.  These also work very well and meet all stated specifications.  Documentation is excellent, and the products are directly supported by the designer himself on the forum for those products.  His response to suggested new functions and corrections is quick and accurate.  Updated operating code is provided for each new release and for each correction.  Custom versions of these products have been designed and provided by the company and are being used very successfully in balloon launched tracking and reporting applications.

It seems natural for QRP Labs products to be mailed from Japan.  QRP Labs started as a Japanese company and uses Japanese manufacturing for the product.  The company owner has subsequently moved to another country but the product production remains in Japan as a way to maintain continuity and quality control.

Arv K7HKL

Re: not bashing a product just a warning to future purchasers.

Chris Del Plato KQ2RP
Sounds like kit-building isn't for you.

QRPLabs kits are some of the finest, best-value kits in amateur radio. As
an experienced kit builder, I give them a ringing endorsement.

I'm not alone:

http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/11890

72,
Chris KQ2RP