reflector

Robby.VY2SS
Does anyone know a good way to read the digests from this reflector.  I do
not want to receive 50 emails a day to get 2 or 3 that are of interest to
me. The K3 digest is getting ignored here because of all the repeat
information I have to wade through.

There must be a better way.

-Robby

VY2SS

Re: reflector

John K3TN
Hi, Robby - I like looking at the messages through the Google news reader, easier to skim through digest message titles, etc. Many viewing options.

73, John K3TN

robby robertson wrote
Does anyone know a good way to read the digests from this reflector.  I do
not want to receive 50 emails a day to get 2 or 3 that are of interest to
me. The K3 digest is getting ignored here because of all the repeat
information I have to wade through.

There must be a better way.

-Robby

VY2SS

Re: reflector

Julian, G4ILO
robby robertson wrote
Does anyone know a good way to read the digests from this reflector.  I do
not want to receive 50 emails a day to get 2 or 3 that are of interest to
me. The K3 digest is getting ignored here because of all the repeat
information I have to wade through.

There must be a better way.
There is. Disable the emails completely and use Nabble: http://n2.nabble.com/Elecraft-f365791.topics.html .
Julian, G4ILO. K2 #392  K3 #222 KX3 #110
* G4ILO's Shack - http://www.g4ilo.com
* KComm - http://www.g4ilo.com/kcomm.html
* KTune - http://www.g4ilo.com/ktune.html

Re: reflector

Dick Dickinson
Hi Robby.

I keep up with the reflector via the following method.

        * I subscribe to the reflector in Digest Mode (I have MS Outlook for
email).
        * I create a rule to send Digest postings to Deleted Items
        * I read the reflector posts via my Web Browser at

http://mailman.qth.net/pipermail/elecraft/2010-January/date.html
        * I keep a Shortcut on my desktop for that address
        * When I start my computer each day, I click that icon and open a
tab in my browser
                with that address
        * I scan the list of email topics and click on those I want to read
        * The browser opens that posting in the brower
        * Browser Back returns to the main page
        * The browser leaves read postings 'marked as read' by changing its
color
        * That page is open in its own tab all day for me
        * Refreshing the browser page/tab updates the page
        * I usually click on the last posting in the list to highlight it
                 so as to know where to pick up next time I look at it.

Notes:  The Icon/page address must be updated monthly.
          Deleting cookies will cause one to lose the 'marked as read'
indications
          I suppose the subscribing to the Digest is optional but by being a
subscriber
                I can then post to the refelector.
          Some postings veiwed via this method do not incorporate 'word
wrap.'  If I
                really want to read such an email (if lengthy) I copy it
into
                Note pad where it word wraps nicely.

...works for me and a whole lot less grief.

73,

Dick - KA5KKT