seeking advice on using KPA500 amplifier with Icom 756ProII transceiver

seeking advice on using KPA500 amplifier with Icom 756ProII transceiver

Julie Royster
We have hooked up our new KPA500 amp to our Icom 756 Pro II but have some questions.
If anyone could advise it would be much appreciated!

Currently we have not attached the ALC cable because we are not sure how to adjust the settings.
Can anyone tell us how they succeeded in using the ALC connection, or should we leave it off and just use ALC on the 756?

If anyone has an antenna tuner that works well with the Icom 756 Pro II and KPA500, please tell us what you are using.

THANKS!
Julie KI4OTM and Larry KI4FYR

Re: seeking advice on using KPA500 amplifier with Icom

Phil Salas
I have a K3.  However, there is really no difference for any transceiver.  If you use ALC, just follow the instructions in the KPA500 manual.  It is very well documented.

The MFJ-998 auto-tuner works well for me.

Phil - AD5X

Re: seeking advice on using KPA500 amplifier with Icom

Martin Staffa
Is the net still on 14.303.5?