separating the K2 from the KATU

John Wiener
I am considering using my K2/100 on the second floor of a CCR location.  I intend to use wire antenna in a dipole fashion under the eaves of the roof, one leg on either side of the house tilting downard at 45 degrees.
The central connection will be in the attic just above the proposed shack.

So, here's the question...can the KATU be mounted in the attic about 10 feet from the station and its output be directly to the dipole...ass in a remote autotuner setup?
I guess what I mean is, can the 10 foot or so control cable still work in this setup?

John
AB8O

Re: separating the K2 from the KATU

Don Wilhelm-4
John,

I don't know if the AUXBUS signal can be sent that far.  The normally
recommended maximum is 6 feet.
You are certainly welcome to try it (and share your results).
The problem is one of timing - the AUXBUS is a single wire communication
bus.  When a command (or query) is sent the sending MCU waits some short
time to receive a response.  If that response is not forthcoming in the
time slot allowed, an error condition is declared.

So if you see ERR 080 messages, you can figure you stretched the
distance limit too far.