speaker clicking on K1

km5ps
I have just bought a used K1 off of ebay.  I have noticed that when I
send code I hear a loud clicking noise other than the cw sidetone coming
out of speaker.  Is this normal for the K1.  From video's off of
Youtube, I don't notice that on other K1's.  Just curious if this the
way it is with the K1.  If not what would be some things to check for or
could it be a bad speaker?

TIA
John
km5ps   new owner of K1 #0930

Re: speaker clicking on K1

Don Wilhelm-4
John,

It may  be that either Q10 or Q11 is not working properly.  It is an
easy matter to just replace them.
Before changing those components, check the menu for the setting of
"t-r"  If it is set to a value lower than 050, change it to 050 and see
if the problem goes away.