speaker distortion

Arthur Nienhouse
/*My gap on the right side looking at your first picture vn9 where the
slot is in the upper case half when the case half's are closed I see the
right side touching on the vertical part then on the horizontal bottom
its touching in the lower right
bottom case.

I m going to take a good machinist file and open that vertical gap on
the lower case, thinking about this arrangement the whole mount of the
speaker is on a island of sorts asking to be vibrated like a tuning
fork. And that is exactly what I think my radio is doing.

When touching that lower right corner of the speaker grill opening the
vibration stops as I'm sending cw with the monitor volume up to hear my
fist.

What I think it needs is to keep that bottom of the speaker (island)
from vibrating like a diving board or tuning fork could some kind of
triangle angle bracket inside the upper case to make solid this speaker
area to the upper case of the radio.

Could be what is needed is to anchor that bottom part of the speaker
(island) top case to the lower case half, when the KXPD3 is bolted on
the issue is worse the top of the keyer is vibrating a lot my last post
with out the key mounted the side tone set at 30 there was hardly a
trace of vibrating  applying in ward pressure on the lower right of the
speaker grill stops all vibrating.

It also might be a good thing to bend this lower speaker area in just a
tad before assembling the radio looking at the fit of the case half's
first before stuffing the kit in it.
Any thoughts ...

Regards
Art