svga big size!

DOUGLAS ZWIEBEL
I trust that the K4 will have the same form factor as this display and
that the K4 VFO knob will be the same diameter as base of the stand
for the monitor.  Ought to make a lot of guys happy.

But personally, I like the size of the P3, thanks.  ;-)

de Doug KR2Q

Re: svga big size!

w0mu
That sounds like  K400!

Mike W0MU

W0MU-1 CC Cluster w0mu.net

On 12/15/2011 6:41 PM, DOUGLAS ZWIEBEL wrote:

> I trust that the K4 will have the same form factor as this display and
> that the K4 VFO knob will be the same diameter as base of the stand
> for the monitor.  Ought to make a lot of guys happy.
>
> But personally, I like the size of the P3, thanks.  ;-)
>
> de Doug KR2Q

Re: svga big size!

rlindzen
Will one need a dedicated monitor or can it be shared with a pc?

Dick, WO1I

At 02:48 AM 12/16/2011, W0MU Mike Fatchett wrote:

>That sounds like  K400!
>
>Mike W0MU
>
>W0MU-1 CC Cluster w0mu.net
>

>On 12/15/2011 6:41 PM, DOUGLAS ZWIEBEL wrote:
> > I trust that the K4 will have the same form factor as this display and
> > that the K4 VFO knob will be the same diameter as base of the stand
> > for the monitor.  Ought to make a lot of guys happy.
> >
> > But personally, I like the size of the P3, thanks.  ;-)
> >
> > de Doug KR2Q
> > Post: mailto:[hidden email]

>Post: mailto:[hidden email]

Re: svga big size!

Nate Bargmann
* On 2011 16 Dec 03:55 -0600, Dick Lindzen wrote:
> Will one need a dedicated monitor or can it be shared with a pc?

Most new monitors have at least an analog VGA input and at least one
DVI/Displayport inputs and can be switched between the input sources
muck like newer TVs.

73, de Nate N0NB >>

possible worlds.  The pessimist fears this is true."

Re: svga big size!

Mike K2MK
Hi Nate,

I was intrigued by what you posted so I took a look at the back of my 2nd monitor. I currently use it to display the VE7CC cluster program and would like to have it do double duty with my P3. There is a VGA connector (which I use with my PC) and a DVI-d connector on the back. There is a button on the front of the monitor that has the shape of a monitor with an arrow pointing in towards the center. When I push the button, the monitor goes blank and then comes back with the VE7CC display and the word ANALOG momentarily across the center of the display. So I suppose if I had the P3 connected to the DVI-d port I would be able to toggle between the two.

DVI to VGA adapters are cheaply available to convert a VGA cable from the P3 to DVI. You just have to make sure you get the correct variety of DVI adapter as there are pin variations. This would certainly be cheaper and cleaner than using an external VGA "A-B" switch.

73,
Mike K2MK

Nate Bargmann wrote
* On 2011 16 Dec 03:55 -0600, Dick Lindzen wrote:
> Will one need a dedicated monitor or can it be shared with a pc?

Most new monitors have at least an analog VGA input and at least one
DVI/Displayport inputs and can be switched between the input sources
muck like newer TVs.

73, de Nate N0NB >>

Re: svga big size!

Alan Bloom
The P3 SVGA option uses an analog VGA connector.  So you should be able
to connect the PC to the DVI or whatever connector and the P3 to the
VGA.

Alan N1AL

On Fri, 2011-12-16 at 05:48 -0600, Nate Bargmann wrote:
> * On 2011 16 Dec 03:55 -0600, Dick Lindzen wrote:
> > Will one need a dedicated monitor or can it be shared with a pc?
>
> Most new monitors have at least an analog VGA input and at least one
> DVI/Displayport inputs and can be switched between the input sources
> muck like newer TVs.
>
> 73, de Nate N0NB >>

Panadapter & audio interface for K3

Bob K6UJ

I have for sale, brand new in box, LP-Pan with preamp, factory wired, for Elecraft K3. currently sells for $270
Here's info on the panadapter, click on LP-Pan    www.telepostinc.com

Also, brand new in box, E-MU 0204  currently sells for $130
Heres info on this audio interface:   http://us.store.creative.com/EMU-0204-USB-2.0/M/B004GJXTQS.htm

Asking $300 for both.

if interested please contact me off the forum at  [hidden email]

thanks,
Bob
K6UJ