ts-850s and transverter (XV144)

Samir Popaja

Hello,

Is any chance to connect (interface) ts-850s with transverter for 2m (Elecraft XV144) without special mods?

Can someone write some easy "how to".

Thank You

Best Regards
Samir

Samir Popaja, 7S7V /SMVZX
http://ww.qsl.net/7s7v
Duhöksgatan 4B
SE-21558 Malmö
Sweden

Re: ts-850s and transverter (XV144)

Jim Brown-10
On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 16:50:59 +0100, Samir Popaja wrote:

>Is any chance to connect (interface) ts-850s with transverter for
2m (Elecraft XV144) without special mods?

>Can someone write some easy "how to".

I did it with my XV220 several years ago, with no complications and
it worked fine. I don't recall details of my hookup, but I think I
simply reduced output power of the 850 to a very low level and drove
the XV220 directly from the main output. I also added an outboard
amp, and was running 100w. That was in Chicago, and I've since moved
across the continent to California, and am not back on the air on
VHF yet.

The XV144 and XV220 are essentially the same unit, but with the RF
design optimized for different bands.

73,

Jim Brown K9YC

Re: ts-850s and transverter (XV144)

luc Favre-2
Have a look to the "owner manual" (download). I believe, you will find
everthing you want. They describe how to use the transverter with
no-K2-Transceiver.
For my part, I use the XV144 with a K2.
73
Luc/F6HJO/HB9ABB

Is any chance to connect (interface) ts-850s with transverter for 2m
(Elecraft XV144) without special mods?

Can someone write some easy "how to".

Thank You

Best Regards
Samir

Samir Popaja, 7S7V /SMVZX
http://ww.qsl.net/7s7v

K2 and Pactor

list1
I need some advice from a K2'er who has used the K2 and a PK-232 for Pactor
I.

1)  The PK-232 has not yet been set up for HF and the 232 instructions
mention using a monitor, which I don't have, when checking the level of the
AFSK pot on the 232 and the AF gain on the K2.

2) Also, how does one adjust the filters on the K2 for PactorI.  I
eventiually want to use this combo with Airmail for Winlink.

Thanks,
Steve, W2MY

Re: ts-850s and transverter (XV144)

Samir Popaja
According to ts-850s manual, minimum power to set ts-850s is 20w.

Also, according to manual, one need to move coaxial cable from CN26 to CN25. Now one can use IF OUT to drive transverter. So far so good.

Antenna contact on ts-850s uses for receiving, IF OUT uses for driving transverter.

QUESTIONS:
-IF OUT -> How much power we have here? 1W, 1mW or...nothing in manual.
-PTT on transverter, what to use from ts-850s to PTT the transverter, how?

Samir, SM7VZX

------------------------------

Message: 8
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 08:14:55 -0800
From: "Jim Brown" <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] ts-850s and transverter (XV144)
To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 16:50:59 +0100, Samir Popaja wrote:

>Is any chance to connect (interface) ts-850s with transverter for
2m (Elecraft XV144) without special mods?

>Can someone write some easy "how to".

I did it with my XV220 several years ago, with no complications and
it worked fine. I don't recall details of my hookup, but I think I
simply reduced output power of the 850 to a very low level and drove
the XV220 directly from the main output. I also added an outboard
amp, and was running 100w. That was in Chicago, and I've since moved
across the continent to California, and am not back on the air on
VHF yet.

The XV144 and XV220 are essentially the same unit, but with the RF
design optimized for different bands.

73,

Jim Brown K9YC

RE: ts-850s and transverter (XV144)

pc5m, Carel
Samir,

I have been using TS850 for driving other TRXV than XV144, but should be the
same. I suggest you visiti
 http://tk5ep.free.fr, think you will find all answers... Certainly DO NOT
use your main antenna connector of the TS850 for any TRXV purpose: one
mistake and you will find 100W towards your TRXV...a certain kill ...:-)

Gl,

Carel, pc5m

Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 08:14:55 -0800
From: "Jim Brown" <[hidden email]>