update to aux cable problem

haircutter@verizon.net
Just to let everyone know. I have the K line working fb. I have problems with the K3 aux cable and the kpa500. I kept getting an error message on the K3 screen " error Ptt" and the k3 would go into transmit.
After disconnecting everything to the K3, no luck. I would get the error message if the kpa500 was on or off, as long as i had the aux cable connected. Disconnect  to cable from the rig and it returned back to normal. Could operate the kpa500 with the RCa cable so knew the amp was ok.
 Sitting here reading the K3 manual I came to the PTT RLS setup...........

 (Advanced) Provides a delay between release of PTT and dropping of the
transmit carrier; intended for use with fast turn-around data protocols such as
AMTOR and PacTOR. (No effect in CW, FSK D, or PSK D modes.)
A value of 20 or higher may be needed to ensure accurate data transmission with
these protocols. If sync data or –S is in effect (see SYNC DT), a lower value,
typically 10 to 12, is optimal. Also see AMTOR/PacTOR (pg. 32).)

 It was set at number 30. Dropped it to 10 and reconnected the aux cable. Bingo!! working fb. The K3 didn't like something between the two pieces of gear.
Been using the setup a couple hours now and all seems to be working great.

Don....w2xb