using the sub receiver in a K3S with a 2nd P3?

using the sub receiver in a K3S with a 2nd P3?

k3dua
I am looking for any information on hooking up a P3 to the sub-receiver in a K3S.  Any help would be appreciated.

73,
Jeff, K3DUA

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: using the sub receiver in a K3S with a 2nd P3?

George Thornton
The P3 is designed to work with both the main and sub receiver using the IF output.

I don't think you can separately hook up a P3 just for the sub receiver.  I think the radio puts out a signal to the IF output for whatever receiver is active at the time.

Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html Message delivered to [hidden email]

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: using the sub receiver in a K3S with a 2nd P3?

Jeff,

The SubRX has the same buffer as the main RX, but nothing is done with it.
To add the SubRX IF output, you need to look at the holes for the coax
that are next to the buffer amp - approximately in the middle of the
board the holes for the coax are there - doing nothing until you use them.

Then it is simply a matter of routing coax (RG174) from the holes for
the coax to the left rear of the SubRX.
If you want to do a really neat job of it, the board has holes for
mounting a TMP connector.  I chose to use a 2 pin Molex disconnect just
outside the SubRX assembly instead (since I did not have any TMP jacks
available).

Where you mount the SubRX IF out jack on the rear panel is an effort and
a choice for the owner.