what should I hear using cw reverse vs normal?

what should I hear using cw reverse vs normal?

Tim Logan
If I am listening to 10000.00 in vw mode and chenge between cw and cw reverse - what should I hear as a difference and why?  Thanks in advance,
73/Tim NZ7C

Re: what should I hear using cw reverse vs normal?

Tom Arntzen
Hi Tim!
If you are 100% zerobeat with the signal u will not nessecary hear any
difference at all.
cw and cwr is like lsb and usb.
Normal differences will be a little change in the noicepitch due to
switching sidebands.
In some rare cases where you are troubled with qrm you could try to switch
opposite sideband ,  e.g. cw to cwr.
Not always , but in some cases you can improve your reception.
Also if you don't hear any difference in pitch of the cw signal when
toggling between cw and cwr you are 100% on frequency with your qsopartner.

73 de Tom LA1PHA

> If I am listening to 10000.00 in vw mode and chenge between cw and cw
> reverse - what should I hear as a difference and why?  Thanks in advance,
> 73/Tim NZ7C

Re: what should I hear using cw reverse vs normal?

John Lonigro
Tim and Tom:

Tom's answer is ideally the correct one, but if you experience no
difference at all in your sidetone pitch when you switch from cw to
cw-rev with your K2, you should consider yourself very lucky.  They
should be close (within perhaps 20 Hz), but don't expect them to be
identical.   You just can't calibrate the K2 accurately enough to get
those results.

So don't be surprised if the sidetone pitch changes a little when you
switch to CW-rev.  And don't waste all weekend trying to make that
difference zero.  It most likely isn't going to happen.  At least that's
my experience.

73's,

John AA0VE