windowing P3 display...

John Ragle
For those of you who do not wish to devote an entire monitor to the P3
SVGA output, here are some final results of my testing:

1. Running WIN7 ultimate (32) on an older DELL dual core 3 GHz machine...
2. Running K3, P3, FLDIGI, FLRIG connected to this machine and working
satisfactorily...
3. Running AVerMedia Game Broadcaster HD (short PCIx slot) (aka
AVerMedia C127 PCIe Capture Device) on this machine...
4. SVGA output of P3 connected to (S)VGA input of AVerMedia card...
5. Running a 24" and a 21" monitor off an NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT display
card in this machine...

The P3 output displays properly and without noticeable delay IN A
RESIZEABLE WINDOW on either monitor, while FLDIGI and FLRIG run
peacefully on the two monitors. Other windows also display on these
monitors, and can be given focus if needed (e.g. email, DX Sherlock, etc.)

The frame grabber card sells for <$150 on Amazon.com and is probably
available cheaper if one shops around.

I will send a couple of screen shots off reflector to whomever wants to
view them.

John Ragle -- W1ZI

Re: windowing P3 display...

Tom Azlin N4ZPT-2
thanks John. that is the card I just got in and the set up I plan to
use. Different monitor sizes but still the same.

73, tom n4zpt

On 4/16/2012 9:01 PM, John Ragle wrote:

> For those of you who do not wish to devote an entire monitor to the P3
> SVGA output, here are some final results of my testing:
>
> 1. Running WIN7 ultimate (32) on an older DELL dual core 3 GHz machine...
> 2. Running K3, P3, FLDIGI, FLRIG connected to this machine and working
> satisfactorily...
> 3. Running AVerMedia Game Broadcaster HD (short PCIx slot) (aka
> AVerMedia C127 PCIe Capture Device) on this machine...
> 4. SVGA output of P3 connected to (S)VGA input of AVerMedia card...
> 5. Running a 24" and a 21" monitor off an NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT display
> card in this machine...
>
> The P3 output displays properly and without noticeable delay IN A
> RESIZEABLE WINDOW on either monitor, while FLDIGI and FLRIG run
> peacefully on the two monitors. Other windows also display on these
> monitors, and can be given focus if needed (e.g. email, DX Sherlock, etc.)
>
> The frame grabber card sells for<$150 on Amazon.com and is probably
> available cheaper if one shops around.
>
> I will send a couple of screen shots off reflector to whomever wants to
> view them.
>
> John Ragle -- W1ZI

Re: windowing P3 display...

tomb18
Yup, and my software is almost ready to roll....see my thread