xv432

Ron McMurray
am i thinking right that k10 grounds during xmit and is open on receive. i
think it's stuck in xmit on mine.
ron

Re: xv432

Don Wilhelm-4
Ron,

It certainly seems that way to me - those are Normally Open contacts and
the relay coil is activated by 12T which is only active during transmit.

Disconnect everything from the Ant jack (J1) and measure the resistance
between the center conductor of J1 to ground - it should be fairly high
if all is well.

ron wrote:
> am i thinking right that k10 grounds during xmit and is open on receive. i
> think it's stuck in xmit on mine.
> ron

My K2

AD4C2009
I wanted to tell the group about my latest experience with Don Wilheim W3FPR.
I got 2 months ago a fully loaded K2 in very clean condition and even it was working fairly well,it had some issues with bad alignment having the four filters not well aligned plus excessive power output on some bands and also not enough power on cw on other bands,the RX was quite as my K3.
So,I called Elecraft to ask if they could realign it for me,they said to me on the phone that the best engineer in the whole country who could do the best alignment job on my radio was Don,so with that excellent reference certainly after contact him I shiped my K2.
The radio arrived yesterday and If I was happy before with it, now I am way happier,it receives quiter,better audio quality than before and the TX audio is super,the radio changed completely after his good alignment work,the turnaround delay was just 11 days in the whole process,radio spent more  time travelling than at his bench,he even sent me a detailed sheet with all the work done in my radio.
Guys I have to tell you that this is a profesional service and he deserve my respect.I will recomend him to work on any of your K2's for sure.Serious decent engineers like Don  to service Elecraft radios is what we need.
Thanks again Don,radio is working great now/

AD4C

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits". -- Albert Einstein

ron wrote:
> am i thinking right that k10 grounds during xmit and is open on receive. i
> think it's stuck in xmit on mine.
> ron

Re: My K2

Johnny Siu
Don is also a mentor to the builder.  He told me how to fine tune the filters so as to maximise power output for individual band of my K2.

cheers,

Johnny Siu VR2XMC

寄件人﹕ Hector Padron <[hidden email]>
收件人 [hidden email]
傳送日期﹕ 2009 年 9月 14 日 星期一 上午 3:49:56
主題: [Elecraft] My K2

[...]

      Yahoo!香港提供網上安全攻略,教你如何防範黑客! 請前往 http://hk.promo.yahoo.com/security/ 了解更多!

Re: My K2

Hector,

And thanks to you for that glowing endorsement.  I hope I can continue
to live up to it for some long time to come.