160 m contest

Roger Stein
Hello Elecrafters,

"My, what good ears you have" I say to my K2!!
This has been a fun contest so far. Noise levels extremely low as presented
to the front end via a CW160 antenna.
Paper and pencil logging, gasp! many are saying!! Works.
Taking time out during the day to shop with the xyl and put the log into
Excel to sort by call area and prep for this evening.
The 'hunt and pounce' technique is working well, 35 sections so far from
WWA. Looking at the map, it is a long,
long ways from here to there for many of those contacts! Time to tweak in a
narrower filter before tonite as well.
I have been running 'only' 400hz plus AF1 or AF2, pausing every now and then
to go to OP1 to appreciate how well the
filtering is working!!

73 all, Roger WA7BOC K2#755 Montesano, WA

Re: 160 m contest

n6wg
Very good so far, Roger.
I'm in about the same boat here, 34 or 35 mults so far.
Hope to hear you in the brawl tonight.
Good luck and 73
Bob N6WG
K2 s/n 12

Re: 160 m contest

k0wa@swbell.net
Elecrafters,

I am so impressed with the K2 again.  The 160 meter contest is running full swing last night and I could S&P with a tight filter in and just comb the bands for station.  Worked like a charm.  The KAT-100 does a fantastic job on the Inverted-L and I have worked just about everything I can hear.  This morning was fun around 5 am....lots of west coast station running the grey line.  So far 189 Qs and 55 Mults....

See you in the fray tonight

Lee - K0WA