33V 1W for D19?

AF6NI
After frying D19 (see other thread) I searched around San Diego for a 1N4753 with no success but did locate an NTE147A which is 33V 1W. as opposed to the 32V 1W. I presume this is a satisfactory replacement.

Is that the case?

Thanks again.
Joe
AF6NI

Re: 33V 1W for D19?

Don Wilhelm-4
  Joe,

That should work if it fits the space.

On 4/9/2011 5:57 PM, af6ni wrote:

> After frying D19 (see other thread) I searched around San Diego for a 1N4753
> with no success but did locate an NTE147A which is 33V 1W. as opposed to the
> 32V 1W. I presume this is a satisfactory replacement.
>
> Is that the case?
>
> Thanks again.
> Joe
> AF6NI

Re: 33V 1W for D19?

AF6NI
Looks about the same size Don, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

First off -- I got a repair to finish that's at the other end of the ham radio spectrum. I had a LV transformer go on my Collins 32V2. It's been replaced, and now I need to get the bloody 100# radio back in the cabinet and up on the desk! Another reason QRP is fun.

Joe

Re: 33V 1W for D19?

KXBill

Joe:
Think of the good it does to keep you in shape.  What's a 140 lbs to a fit Collins collector.
Bill-w7kxb

> Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2011 15:16:36 -0700
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Elecraft] 33V 1W for D19?
>
> Looks about the same size Don, I'll keep my fingers crossed.
>
> First off -- I got a repair to finish that's at the other end of the ham
> radio spectrum. I had a LV transformer go on my Collins 32V2. It's been
> replaced, and now I need to get the bloody 100# radio back in the cabinet
> and up on the desk! Another reason QRP is fun.
>
> Joe

Re: 33V 1W for D19?

Don Wilhelm-4
  Bill,

Who says we are all "fit".  I just had a mini-vacation, and after doing
more than my usual share of walking, my legs are telling me that I
should not spend so much time at the workbench.

We had a great time, and enjoyed the beach as well as historic
Wilmington, NC.  The dogwoods and azaleas were in full bloom making the
walks a real treat.

The food was wonderful, and despite the walking exercise, my clothes shrunk.