40m low power

IK4EWX
I have built my new Elecraft KX1 with great attentions to Elecraft manual instructions.
The transceiver now work in a wonderful way.
A lot of nice qsos...
But something should be wrong: on 20 m the rig output power is more than 4 watts, on 40 m band the output power is only 2 watts.
Can somebody suggest me where I maked a mistake in assembling it?
The rig is without power modification.
Many thanks.
Ian IK4EWX

PS.... Re: 40m low power

IK4EWX
Also, all this happen with kx1 with external power supply and without k3080 kit (i have it but i will add only when i will solve 40m power problem).
Many thanks

Re: sorry... other info...PS.... Re: 40m low power

IK4EWX
Sorry, this morning i sleep I think...
Other infos...
In my kx1 i have built also the antenna tuner, that is working well.
But i tested power also without antenna tuner, on a dummy load 50ohm, with low power wattmeter and also with rf probe and voltmeter.
It is all.
Thanks again for reading all these mails :-)
Ian

Re: 40m low power

Ian,

My first guess is that you wound an extra turn on the toroids.  Count
the number of times the wire passes through the center of the core.
A straight wire through the core is one turn, a full wrap around the
core is 2 turns.  If you did not realize that when winding the toroids,
it is likely that you have added an extra turn.

On 8/21/2011 5:17 AM, IK4EWX wrote:

> I have built my new Elecraft KX1 with great attentions to Elecraft manual
> instructions.
> The transceiver now work in a wonderful way.
> A lot of nice qsos...
> But something should be wrong: on 20 m the rig output power is more than 4
> watts, on 40 m band the output power is only 2 watts.
> Can somebody suggest me where I maked a mistake in assembling it?
> The rig is without power modification.
> Many thanks.
> Ian IK4EWX

Re: 40m low power

IK4EWX
Don, thanks.
Can it be that I maked a mistake...
i will look all toroids and count the turns.
Ian IK4EWX