AGC-function

Michael van Hauten
Hello,
after some tuning my k2 works very well. I do not know when i shall use AGC
LOW and when the position FAST. Can anyone give me a lection?

Thanks

Michael, DC0ZO  K2#3607

Re: AGC-function

Larry Makoski W2LJ
Michael van Hauten wrote:

>Hello,
>after some tuning my k2 works very well. I do not know when i shall use AGC
>LOW and when the position FAST. Can anyone give me a lection?
>
>Thanks
>
>Michael, DC0ZO  K2#3607

Michael,

Personally, I have found the AGC to work best in the slow position for
SSB and best in the fast position for CW.  Just my .02 cents.

73 de Larry W2LJ

RE: AGC-function

Ron D'Eau Claire-2
It's purely personal preference, Michael.

The SLOW AGC keeps the change in the gain level slow. That reduces the
tendency of strong signals to make the AGC "pump" so you hear the background
noise come up in volume between CW characters, words or pauses in SSB
speech.

But, if you are faced with fast QSB, the slow AGC can make the signals fade
worse by not letting the receiver gain come up to follow the signal as it
fades. In that case FAST AGC will work better.

Ron AC7AC