An amazing manual and building procedure

An amazing manual and building procedure

Tim Logan
As I once again delve into building a K2 knowing little if anything
about how they work I am again reminded of one of the truly amazing
features of the K2 - the manaul(s) and building procedures. It takes a
very "together" mind to create an assembly process that literally anyone
can follow and even teach themselves to troubleshoot. The approach to
"kitting" this radio is just as amazing as the capability of the
resulting rig. Just had to say it once again! My compliments to Wayne,
Eric, and I believe Lyle for such excellent manuals and organized
building procedures!
73/Tim NZ7C

K2 #4068 Up and Running

Philippe-35
Hello All,

I'm happy to announce to the list that K2 Basic Kit #4068 is up and
running @ f8bxi.

I bought it back last June and had a lot of troubles only due to myself
and mistakes I made due to lack of experience :

- 1 missing solder on U6 Control Board (stressful but fun to solve)
- 1 J310 out of order in PLL Ref Oscillator (hard to find out)
- 1 Control Board to RF Board bad insert (spent 3 weeks tracing :-)
- wrong position of C6 capacitor on J15 on RF Board (made me nuts :-)
- 1 bad behavior of L33 made me redo the mounting

One think with the Elecraft products that is clear in my mind is that
even if everything goes wrong, I was pretty confident that one day it
will work. The only thing is not no do something that will jeopardize
your kit like damaging boards. And you will also need patience !

Now I have to mount all the options :-)

I Would like to thanks Garry, AB7MY @ Elecraft ; Bob, G3VVT (for U6
help), JB, F8DQL and his day to day strong support (this is also cool if
you have an experienced amateur near you to help you troubleshoot) and
all helpful list members !

73, Happy New Year and hpe cu sn
Philippe
f8bxi
K2 #4068

RE: An amazing manual and building procedure

wrmoore
> As I once again delve into building a K2 knowing little if anything
> about how they work I am again reminded of one of the truly amazing
> features of the K2 - the manaul(s) and building procedures.
> 73/Tim NZ7C

I too have always thought that this was the most amazing part of the K2
product!

73,
Randy