Anyway to get better Low Frequency Audio response out of the K3?

Anyway to get better Low Frequency Audio response out of the K3?

Harry_Yingst
When running JT65 the K3 rolls off on the low end of the audio.

This tends to reduce the output power when trying to work a station on the low end of the waterfall.

Is there a way to open up the low end to get a little better Response on the low end?

Re: Anyway to get better Low Frequency Audio response out of the K3?

Lyle Johnson
Not at present.

You might try tuning a little lower in dial frequency, say 100 or 200
Hz, to shift the signals in the waterfall to correspondingly higher
pitches.  Of course, if the waterfall is full end-to-end, then you'll
experience some roll-off at the high end.

73,

Lyle KK7P

> When running JT65 the K3 rolls off on the low end of the audio.
>
> This tends to reduce the output power when trying to work a station on the
> low end of the waterfall.
>
> Is there a way to open up the low end to get a little better Response on the
> low end?

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: Anyway to get better Low Frequency Audio response out of the K3?

Elecraft mailing list

Thank you

I was thinking that may be the answer, at least until I start doing more JT9 & JT65 combined

________________________________
You might try tuning a little lower in dial frequency, say 100 or 200
Hz, to shift the signals in the waterfall to correspondingly higher
pitches.  Of course, if the waterfall is full end-to-end, then you'll
experience some roll-off at the high end.

73,

Lyle KK7P

> When running JT65 the K3 rolls off on the low end of the audio.
>
> This tends to reduce the output power when trying to work a station on the
> low end of the waterfall.
>
> Is there a way to open up the low end to get a little better Response on the
> low end?

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: Anyway to get better Low Frequency Audio response out of the K3?

Larry Lopez
Harry,

What filter are you using ?

It's my understanding that it's wider with
a AM (6 K Hz) or FM (13 K Hz) filter.

at least I home so. I bought a AM filter
and my K3 hasn't arrived yet.

Larry

Re: Anyway to get better Low Frequency Audio response out of the K3?

Elecraft mailing list

I's a limitation in the K3 itself

even using the FM filter it still rolls off the bottom end

________________________________

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: Anyway to get better Low Frequency Audio response out of the K3?

Larry Lopez
how about at the top end ?

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: Anyway to get better Low Frequency Audio response out of the K3?

Joe Subich, W4TV-4

The low end response does not matter if you use Joe Taylor's WSJT-X
in split frequency mode.  WSJT-X automatically shifts the transmit
frequency so the audio tones are always in the 1500 - 2000 Hz range
for optimum transmit performance and harmonic rejection.

It's time other software authors learned that lesson as well - there
would be a lot less garbage on the air.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV

On 4/30/2014 9:34 PM, Harry_Yingst via Elecraft wrote:

> When running JT65 the K3 rolls off on the low end of the audio.
>
> This tends to reduce the output power when trying to work a station on the
> low end of the waterfall.
>
> Is there a way to open up the low end to get a little better Response on the
> low end?

> Message delivered to [hidden email]

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: Anyway to get better Low Frequency Audio response out of the K3?

Elecraft mailing list
I have looked it and briefly tried it

I may have to revisit it