Buying a K3-100...Want a KPA-500!

N4WVE
Hello All! I am purchasing a K3-100 with the P3 and am wondering if I should hold off and wait for the KPA-500 amp to come out. Should I wait or go ahead and take the plunge? I have done months of comparisons with the Flex and Yaesu rigs and have decided on the K3.
Greg N4WVE

Re: Buying a K3-100...Want a KPA-500!

Don Wilhelm-4
The KPA500 is a separate box from the K3, so it is easy to add it later
- just plug in the cables.
You can enjoy your K3 and become familiar with it at the 100 watt level
(or use an existing amp if you have one).
I would suggest getting the K3/P3 now.

N4WVE wrote:
> Hello All!
>
> I am purchasing a K3-100 with the P3 and am wondering if I should hold off
> and wait for the KPA-500 amp to come out.  Should I wait or go ahead and
> take the plunge? I have done months of comparisons with the Flex and Yaesu
> rigs and have decided on the K3.

Re: Buying a K3-100...Want a KPA-500!

N4WVE
OK, guys...great points! I thought maybe there was some sort of internal add-on that I would need for the amp, just to clarify things . I will plan to go ahead with the K3, second receiver and 2 meter mod as planned! Hope to have all this done by September. I live in the mountains of Virginia on the top of a mountain...closest neighbor is 1.5 miles. I love to chase DX and rag-chew. Hope to hear you all on the air!! Greg Hemmings N4WVE
Greg N4WVE