CW Readers and CW Keyboards

Doug Netherton
Larry Keith, KQ4BY wrote::

"Has anyone used a CW Reader and/or CW keyboard with the K1?  I would be
interested in hearing about your experiences.."

I've used one of K1EL's K20 keyers with my K2.  Its an interesting kit with two PIC's and an EEPROM chip.  One PIC is the keyer, one PIC is the keyboard interface, and the EEPROM chip saves all your current parameters and messages.  The keyboard is used to control the keyer and can also be used to send CW from the keyboard if you are tired of using your paddles.  The K2 was set up to accept straight key input, so it should also work with your K1.  For me, it was an interesting kit project for under $30.  The web site www.k1el.com indicates that he is currently out of K20 kits, but he has responded to demand with additional kits in the past.

The usual disclaimers apply.  I'm just a satisfied cuatomer.

73, Doug, VE3MCF

You must subscribe to post.
Subscriber Info (Addr. Change, Unsub etc): http://mailman.qth.net/subscribers.htm
Elecraft page: http://www.elecraft.com

Re: CW Readers and CW Keyboards

G3VVT
The K1EL website indicates that the K20 will be soon replaced with the K40
at $27 with shipping to USA/Canada.

Awaiting a reply from K1EL when this will be available.

Regards,
Bob, G3VVT
K2 #4168
You must subscribe to post.
Subscriber Info (Addr. Change, Unsub etc): http://mailman.qth.net/subscribers.htm
Elecraft page: http://www.elecraft.com

Re: CW Readers and CW Keyboards

George McHugh
Doug, VE3MCF, wrote:-

> I've used one of K1EL's K20 keyers with my K2.<

I sometimes use K1EL's K20 keyer, and a little Happy Hacking Keyboard from
the Linux emporium, with my KX1 and it works fine. No computer needed, so it
can be used portable with a battery (12VDC is optimum but anything between 8
to 18VDC should do). The keyboard is only 29cm by 11cm. I also connect the
paddles to the K20 so that I can alternate between paddles and keyboard.

73...George...GI4SRQ