Changing the band that is installed

AF6NI
I recently purchased a used K1. It came with the original 2 band board - I think set for 40 and 20, and a 4 band board that has 40, 30, 20 and 15. I would really like to get it on 17. Could I rework the 2 band board with components to cover 17? Would they be available from Elecraft?
Thanks
Joe
AF6NI

Re: Changing the band that is installed

Peter Wollan-2
Components for each of the bands available for the two-band board used
to be listed on the order sheet, if I remember correctly, but I don't
see them now.  Write to [hidden email] -- they may be low-enough
volume now that they don't package them up routinely.  But yes,
reworking a board is easy.

    Peter W0LLN

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 2:24 PM, af6ni <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I recently purchased a used K1. It came with the original 2 band board - I
> think set for 40 and 20, and a 4 band board that has 40, 30, 20 and 15. I
> would really like to get it on 17. Could I rework the 2 band board with
> components to cover 17? Would they be available from Elecraft?
> Thanks
> Joe
> AF6NI

Re: Changing the band that is installed

Joe,

At the Elecraft website, click on Order, then select the link for Spare
Parts and Mod Kits.  On the page that opens select K1 Parts - you will
see the band module kits, they are $7.50 each.

I would suggest you build that board for 80 and 17 meters, that will
give you a total of 6 bands, and the K1 will remember settings for 6 bands.

On 4/24/2012 3:24 PM, af6ni wrote:
> I recently purchased a used K1. It came with the original 2 band board - I
> think set for 40 and 20, and a 4 band board that has 40, 30, 20 and 15. I
> would really like to get it on 17. Could I rework the 2 band board with
> components to cover 17? Would they be available from Elecraft?
> Thanks

Re: Changing the band that is installed

AF6NI
Thanks folks, I'll order that 17m Don.
I actually received an uninstalled 80m kit with the purchase, so as you suggested, will make that 2 band board 80 & 17.
73
Joe