Control board mod with KAT2 and KAT100

GS-3
Hi,

just read the manual for the KAT100. It states to
remove C44 on K2 control board before using KAT100.

OK. How does this affect the use of the K2 without the
KAT100, with KAT2?

You see, I want to switch covers from qrp to qro :-)

Thanks

Gerhard

RE: Control board mod with KAT2 and KAT100

Sverre Holm

Re: Control board mod with KAT2 and KAT100

Gerhard,

Control Board C44 is not used on the newer K2s (it was only used on SN 3000
thru 3077 and may have been added to some lower serial numbered K2s).  It
should be removed if C44 is present on your K2.  See Elecraft Builder Alert
#19.

All will be fine with your QRP tuner.