Elecraft CW Net Report for January 17, 2005

Elecraft CW Net Report for January 17, 2005

Kevin Rock
Good evening,
    Both nets were productive this evening.  20 meters was very quiet and
40 meters was too.  20 was open from Nova Scotia to Georgia to Texas to
California to North Dakota and Minnesota.  Colorado and Missouri had
representatives also.  A couple folks had their new K2s to show off.

On to the list.

On 14050 kHz at 0000z:
N4GE - Jerry - TN - K2 - 1054
N0SS - Tom - MO - K2 - 008
AA3WF - Mychael - PA - K2 - 1025
K2HYD - Ray - VA - KX1 - 608
W0CZ - Ken - ND - K2 - 1031
WU5X - Jim - AR - K2 - 3440
N5WLA - Fred - TX - K2 - 3583
W0NTA - Dick - CO - K2 - 3900
W0QQS - Bruce - MN - K2 - 3646
AB9V - Mike - IN - K2 - 3993
NK6A - Don - CA - K2 - 1217 or KX1 - 656 ?
VE1RGB - Gary - NS - K2 - 2519
VE3XM - Robert - ON - K2 - 2676
VE3XL - Ric - ON - K1 - 968
W1TF - Ty - GA - K1 - 1423
N9IV - Russ - IN - K2 - 4650     Brand new rig!  Thanks for checking it in
Russ!

On 7044 kHz at 0300z:
N7GMT - Trent - UT - K2 - 3927
N0SS - Tom - MO - K2 - 008
N9IV - Russ - IN - K2 - 4650
W0NTA - Dick - CO - K2 - 3900
W0CZ - Ken - ND - K2 - 1031
VE3XL - Ric - ON - K1 - 968
ND0V - Greg - CO - K2 - 4411     Brand new rig!  Sounds good Greg!

As always any errors will be corrected upon receipt.  I did not ask Tom
for a confirmation on which rig Don was running so I slipped on that one.
I can't imagine being perfect at this but I will keep trying to keep the
error rate as low as I can.  I did get a volunteer this evening.  At least
I think he was volunteering.  Not press ganged into things like some of
you :)  He mentioned running ECN on another band.  I am all for that!  I
have never had a chance to check into ECN ;)  I think 30 or 80 meters are
both viable bands for ECN.  But 80 will preclude the folks with KX1s and
it will also be fairly local.  About one thousand miles is what I was told
so it will just reach past the Rockies from here.  Thus there will need to
be a number of you running regional networks for this to work.  But
logistics can take care of themselves once enough bodies accrete.

Have a good week folks and I'll see you next Sunday,
    73,
        Kevin.  KD5ONS  (Net Control Operator 5th Class)

KX1 45 deg stand?

john_k7fd

Since I'm primarily using my KX1 in the shack, has anyone devised a nice
stand for it? I'd like to be able to look at those cool red LED's...

Seems like a simple stand might do the trick and wonder if anyone has come
up with the perfect solution? Like maybe the KXS1 :)

Since I use an external paddle, a 45 degree stand would make a nice angle
don't you think?

73 John K7FD

Re: KX1 45 deg stand?

W0rw
Hi John,
i use a 3M  C-45 "Post-It" Note Tray holder for my KX-1
It has a  10 degree angle.
The shallow 10 degree angle allows use of the KXPD1.
Paul   w0rw

Re: KX1 45 deg stand?

Dennis Payton
Several months ago, I built what I call my "KX1 Desktop Adapter", and it's
worked out real well. It's made from PC board material, a few strips of lead
(which isn't absolutely necessary), male & female stereo connectors, and is
covered with stick-on felt. It's basically a U-shaped bracket that has the
male connector sticking out of the middle of it, and a small post in front,
that holds the paddle. It holds the rig vertically, which made it easier to
build, and elevates it maybe 3/4", allowing me to more easily spin the
tuning knob with my index finger.

If anybody's interested in how I built it, let me know, and I'll try to take
a picture & write a short description sometime this week. Maybe it'll give
you some ideas about building something yourself.

Denny Payton    N9JXY
Auburn, IN