Elecraft KX-3 Serial Numbers To Date ...

Elecraft KX-3 Serial Numbers To Date ...

Andy Cunningham-2
As of April 2012...

Anyone know where we "might" be with the "Elecraft KX-3 Transceiver" Serial
Numbers...

Re: Those folks who have been "Field Testers" & "Those That Have Their Radio
Shipped Already"..

"Maybe" A STUPID QUESTION ! ?

For THAT I "Unreservedly Apologise" for bringing this up, but being a future
KX-3 Buyer, I'm kinda interested.

"Just Wanted To Know" sorta, get a ball-park figure of the "very little"
that like everyone else, I KNOW that has been played-with or shipped thus
far..

"...The Reasoning Behind This..."  I have 2 x K2's... One being a "Vintage
K2" in at least that the rig is STILL "stock" & NOT upgraded in ANY way
firmware wise..

Serial Number : 01432

My 2nd K2 I can't recall at the moment it's Serial Number - But I guess
maybe in the 3000's - 4000's - 5000's Serial (Lisa@Elecraft will know
tho)...

So I "Kinda" was playin' around with Serial Numbers in my head and was
thinkin, of tryin to order a KX-3 when the time comes with the SAME Serial
Numbers as my K2's ... Or something more "Special Agent Covert" - akin to
Serial Number 007 or something..

Anyways whatever happens in the near future I KNOW - I WILL BE "more than
pleased" with whatever I get from the folks there in Aptos..
TIA

73's
Andy
GM0NWI [hidden email]

Re: Elecraft KX-3 Serial Numbers To Date ...

Thomas Horsten
Andy,

Afraid you missed the boat with S/N 007, it was given to a field tester.
S/N 25 was the first unit shipped, and I believe the most recent known
shipped ones are in the 40's.

Some of the folks over in the KX3 Group
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kx3/> have
set up a spreadsheet for people to record the serial numbers of the rigs
they have received as well as times orders were placed and when they got
the shipment notification: http://bit.ly/HCXgf0

73, Thomas M0TRN

On 16 April 2012 15:34, Andy - GM0NWI <[hidden email]> wrote:

> As of April 2012...
>
> Anyone know where we "might" be with the "Elecraft KX-3 Transceiver" Serial
> Numbers...
>
> Re: Those folks who have been "Field Testers" & "Those That Have Their
> Radio
> Shipped Already"..
>
> "Maybe" A STUPID QUESTION ! ?
>
> For THAT I "Unreservedly Apologise" for bringing this up, but being a
> future
> KX-3 Buyer, I'm kinda interested.
>
> "Just Wanted To Know" sorta, get a ball-park figure of the "very little"
> that like everyone else, I KNOW that has been played-with or shipped thus
> far..
>
> "...The Reasoning Behind This..."  I have 2 x K2's... One being a "Vintage
> K2" in at least that the rig is STILL "stock" & NOT upgraded in ANY way
> firmware wise..
>
> Serial Number : 01432
>
> My 2nd K2 I can't recall at the moment it's Serial Number - But I guess
> maybe in the 3000's - 4000's - 5000's Serial (Lisa@Elecraft will know
> tho)...
>
> So I "Kinda" was playin' around with Serial Numbers in my head and was
> thinkin, of tryin to order a KX-3 when the time comes with the SAME Serial
> Numbers as my K2's ... Or something more "Special Agent Covert" - akin to
> Serial Number 007 or something..
>
> Anyways whatever happens in the near future I KNOW - I WILL BE "more than
> pleased" with whatever I get from the folks there in Aptos..
> TIA
>
> 73's
> Andy
> GM0NWI                                  [hidden email]

Re: Elecraft KX-3 Serial Numbers To Date ...

Buddy Brannan
Actually, the first production unit was #20, which went to W3FPR. #24, to KB9ABO (I think) was the first reported however. The latest we have heard from, which only means it's the latest reported, is #42, which went to W6GQ.

Now how much of that did I get wrong I wonder? I haven't even looked at anything to verify. LOL
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: (814) 860-3194 or 888-75-BUDDY

va3bxg
#33 was shipped a week ago last thursday to VA3BXG

So 007 is not even on the radar screen
Robert

a 'kosher' ham
Sent from my BlackBerry device

Actually, the first production unit was #20, which went to W3FPR. #24, to KB9ABO (I think) was the first reported however. The latest we have heard from, which only means it's the latest reported, is #42, which went to W6GQ.

Now how much of that did I get wrong I wonder? I haven't even looked at anything to verify. LOL
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: (814) 860-3194 or 888-75-BUDDY

On Apr 16, 2012, at 10:56 AM, Thomas Horsten <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Andy,
>
> Afraid you missed the boat with S/N 007, it was given to a field tester.
> S/N 25 was the first unit shipped, and I believe the most recent known
> shipped ones are in the 40's.
>
> Some of the folks over in the KX3 Group
> <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kx3/> have
> set up a spreadsheet for people to record the serial numbers of the rigs
> they have received as well as times orders were placed and when they got
> the shipment notification: http://bit.ly/HCXgf0
>
> 73, Thomas M0TRN
>
> On 16 April 2012 15:34, Andy - GM0NWI <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> As of April 2012...
>>
>> Anyone know where we "might" be with the "Elecraft KX-3 Transceiver" Serial
>> Numbers...
>>
>> Re: Those folks who have been "Field Testers" & "Those That Have Their
>> Radio
>> Shipped Already"..
>>
>> "Maybe" A STUPID QUESTION ! ?
>>
>> For THAT I "Unreservedly Apologise" for bringing this up, but being a
>> future
>> KX-3 Buyer, I'm kinda interested.
>>
>> "Just Wanted To Know" sorta, get a ball-park figure of the "very little"
>> that like everyone else, I KNOW that has been played-with or shipped thus
>> far..
>>
>> "...The Reasoning Behind This..."  I have 2 x K2's... One being a "Vintage
>> K2" in at least that the rig is STILL "stock" & NOT upgraded in ANY way
>> firmware wise..
>>
>> Serial Number : 01432
>>
>> My 2nd K2 I can't recall at the moment it's Serial Number - But I guess
>> maybe in the 3000's - 4000's - 5000's Serial (Lisa@Elecraft will know
>> tho)...
>>
>> So I "Kinda" was playin' around with Serial Numbers in my head and was
>> thinkin, of tryin to order a KX-3 when the time comes with the SAME Serial
>> Numbers as my K2's ... Or something more "Special Agent Covert" - akin to
>> Serial Number 007 or something..
>>
>> Anyways whatever happens in the near future I KNOW - I WILL BE "more than
>> pleased" with whatever I get from the folks there in Aptos..
>> TIA
>>
>> 73's
>> Andy
>> GM0NWI                                  [hidden email]

>> Post: mailto:[hidden email]

Re: Elecraft KX-3 Serial Numbers To Date ...

Edward R Cole
I ordered about 4-hours after the start on Dec. 27.  I haven't
received the order confirmation e-mail as yet ... hopeful for this week.
(For those keeping track of this)

I suspect I am a couple hundred behind the original order.

73, Ed - KL7UW, WD2XSH/45

Re: Elecraft KX-3 Serial Numbers To Date ...

JP O'Connor
My order was about 90 minutes after the start. Based on posts from Elecraft
(here and/or on the Yahoo group), I suspect that by the time I ordered
there were already well over 200 orders - well over - and I do not expect
an email this week or even next. I certainly wouldn't complain if it
happened, however! It seems highly unlikely, though.

They are ramping up slowly to make sure things are right and said it would
take several weeks to deliver the orders placed just in the first few
hours. Hopefully the shipment volume will increase soon! Regardless, I
would rather have it "right" than "fast" truth be told.

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 1:05 PM, Edward R. Cole <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I ordered about 4-hours after the start on Dec. 27.  I haven't
> received the order confirmation e-mail as yet ... hopeful for this week.
> (For those keeping track of this)
>
> I suspect I am a couple hundred behind the original order.
>

> 73, Ed - KL7UW, WD2XSH/45

Re: Elecraft KX-3 Serial Numbers To Date ...

AB5N
Greetings all-

My order went in 65 minutes after the window opened. From the numbers, that puts me
at about 130 units in (plus-minus 50). I just can't help checking every few hours...
just in case! I have a FT-817 , so I snagged a packer amp to use on both.
We shall see how the KX-3 works with it. Stay patient my friends!

Bob-AB5N

Re: Elecraft KX-3 Serial Numbers To Date ...

W1WBL
Hi, any chance of getting a history of serial Number 1798?

--
Sent from: http://elecraft.365791.n2.nabble.com/

Message delivered to [hidden email]