Elecraft Reflectors

WB9JPH
Guy wrote:

> This gets brought up from time to time by those who want everything in the
> mail list to be only something they want to read.  For those who really
> want to do that, every mail program, including major web mail clients like
> Google's, has a sorting mechanism to put things in different folders, or
> toss them out just like you want it.  Or in a minute's time you can mark a
> hundred message for delete.  Tired of hearing about KPA500 and KAT500, just
> set your client to delete them based on subject or content.  In Google's
> Gmail web client, these are ridiculously easy to set up.
>
> 73, Guy

I agree that the reflector is so big as to be nearly useless.

I use Apple Mail and it treats the digest as a single e-mail message.

Perhaps I am missing something, but how can I delete portions of the digest message that do not interest me?

73
John
WB9JPH

Re: Elecraft Reflectors

Don Wilhelm-4
John,

Do NOT choose the digest form, it is sent as one email.

Instead choose to receive individual emails and those can be sorted by
your email client as Guy has suggested.  The selection between
individual emails and digest is made at mailman.com.  Click the Home
link at the bottom of this post.

On 5/21/2012 12:37 AM, WB9JPH wrote:

> Guy wrote:
>
>> This gets brought up from time to time by those who want everything in the
>> mail list to be only something they want to read.  For those who really
>> want to do that, every mail program, including major web mail clients like
>> Google's, has a sorting mechanism to put things in different folders, or
>> toss them out just like you want it.  Or in a minute's time you can mark a
>> hundred message for delete.  Tired of hearing about KPA500 and KAT500, just
>> set your client to delete them based on subject or content.  In Google's
>> Gmail web client, these are ridiculously easy to set up.
>>
>> 73, Guy
>
> I agree that the reflector is so big as to be nearly useless.
>
> I use Apple Mail and it treats the digest as a single e-mail message.
>
> Perhaps I am missing something, but how can I delete portions of the digest message that do not interest me?
>
> 73
> John
> WB9JPH

Re: Elecraft Reflectors

Phil Hystad-3
I use Apple mail and I have no problem deleting anything that is not of interest.  But, I don't get the digest.  I receive each e-mail message separately.  This is the only way to handle a reflector like this so that you can use the mail filtering and macro actions on mail messages.  This is what I do.  I use a combination of "smart folders" plus various macros for creating sub-categories with Mac mail.  Actually, I never delete anything.  I still have just about every mail message received since 2009 when I started.  Storage data is not a problem.

On May 20, 2012, at 9:37 PM, WB9JPH wrote:

> Guy wrote:
>
>> This gets brought up from time to time by those who want everything in the
>> mail list to be only something they want to read.  For those who really
>> want to do that, every mail program, including major web mail clients like
>> Google's, has a sorting mechanism to put things in different folders, or
>> toss them out just like you want it.  Or in a minute's time you can mark a
>> hundred message for delete.  Tired of hearing about KPA500 and KAT500, just
>> set your client to delete them based on subject or content.  In Google's
>> Gmail web client, these are ridiculously easy to set up.
>>
>> 73, Guy
>

> I agree that the reflector is so big as to be nearly useless.
>
> I use Apple Mail and it treats the digest as a single e-mail message.
>
> Perhaps I am missing something, but how can I delete portions of the digest message that do not interest me?
>
> 73
> John
> WB9JPH

Re: Elecraft Reflectors

Scott Manthe-2
Don't get the digest. Set the reflector up to send you individual
emails, and then set up filters so that you see only what you want to
see. Should it be Eric and Wayne's responsibility to set up individual
reflectors because people are unwilling to figure out how to filter
their own emails? And I hate to say it, but this reflector doesn't exist
so that you only get messages that interest you. There are solutions to
the problem that don't entail changing the reflector.

73,
Scott, N9AA

On 5/21/12 12:37 AM, WB9JPH wrote:
> I agree that the reflector is so big as to be nearly useless. I use
> Apple Mail and it treats the digest as a single e-mail message.
> Perhaps I am missing something, but how can I delete portions of the
> digest message that do not interest me? 73 John WB9JPH

Re: Elecraft Reflectors

Bill Clarke
The titles are not sufficiently accurate enough to reliably sort. Hence,
I do not get either by email. Rather, I look at the reflector online and
pick and choose what interests me.

Works for me and there are no special skills or effort required.

Bill W2BLC
--
IN GOD I TRUST (but, NOT a single politician)

Re: Elecraft Reflectors

Guy, K2AV
Just about all of the "sorters" allow you to specify criteria that include
CONTENT of the email.  That's what does it for me in a lot of these, e.g.
 If title contains KPA500 OR text contains KPA500 then xxxxx.  But the
other thing is to read it in the Nabble gizmo at
http://elecraft.365791.n2.nabble.com/   This is the best place for
searching for info.

73, Guy.