Filter alignment

Charles Bland
With my last few days of vacation time remaining, I decided to do one of those
"I'll do it later projects".

Inspired by my shiny new Heil mic, I thought I'd visit all my filter
calibrations and settings, as it hasn't been done since the original
build.

I've been to the Tech Notes page and saw Tom Hammond's updated procedures, as
well as the one using a spreadsheet.

So I'm asking you guys that have done this a lot and those who have done it
recently.........

Should I use another procedure besides those posted?

Comments?

Chuck - n6dbt

Re: Filter alignment

Don Wilhelm-3
Chuck,

I believe you will find the information in the K2 Dial Calibration article
on my website useful - www.qsl.net/w3fpr.  That article contains information
both on setting the 4 MHz reference and setting the filters/BFOs.  There are
links ot other resources within the article.

> With my last few days of vacation time remaining, I decided to do one of
> those
> "I'll do it later projects".
>
> Inspired by my shiny new Heil mic, I thought I'd visit all my filter
> calibrations and settings, as it hasn't been done since the original
> build.
>
> I've been to the Tech Notes page and saw Tom Hammond's updated procedures,
> as
> well as the one using a spreadsheet.
>
> So I'm asking you guys that have done this a lot and those who have done
> it
> recently.........
>
> Should I use another procedure besides those posted?

RE: Filter alignment

Bob Boehmer
Chuck -

I just finished doing the very thing before I saw your email.

I used the Spectrogram software for setting up my filters. I started with
the Tom Hammond N0SS CW filter article on Elecraft's site
http://www.elecraft.com/Apps/new_fil_docs/k2_cw_gram.pdf

I also used N0SS's article for tuning the FL1-OP1 SSB filter
http://www.elecraft.com/Apps/new_fil_docs/k2_ssb_gram.pdf

For the remainder of the SSB filters I used Don's (W3FPR) instructions
http://www.qsl.net/w3fpr/step_3.html

Both author's instructions are good - Tom give more details on running
spectrorgam; Don provides more details on how to set your SSB filters.
(IMHO).

73,
Bob Boehmer
WB3FXC