Firmware 3.10 glitch

John Huffman-3
If I am in CW mode with Pitch set at 500hz and then press TUNE, my K3
transmits and a brief high tone beep is heard in the earphones.

After tuning the sidetone pitch is the same tone as that beat.  I don't
know if the offset also changed.

I need to change modes and then change back to CW to get the correct
sidetone pitch of 500hz. and, perhaps, the same offset.

Not a big issue, but FYI.

73 de K1ESE
John

Re: Firmware 3.10 glitch

N5GE
On Fri, 17 Apr 2009 10:09:12 -0400, John Huffman <[hidden email]>
wrote:

>If I am in CW mode with Pitch set at 500hz and then press TUNE, my K3
>transmits and a brief high tone beep is heard in the earphones.
>
>After tuning the sidetone pitch is the same tone as that beat.  I don't
>know if the offset also changed.
>
>I need to change modes and then change back to CW to get the correct
>sidetone pitch of 500hz. and, perhaps, the same offset.
>
>Not a big issue, but FYI.
>
>73 de K1ESE
>John

John,

Do you have the CONFIG: SW TONE set to ON?  If so turn it off and see
if that is causing the beep.

Tom, N5GE
K3 #806, K3 #1055
XV144, XV432
W1 and other small kits.
http://www.n5ge.com

Amateur Radio Operator N5GE

Re: Firmware 3.10 glitch

John Huffman-3
N  Nope, SW TONE is set to Off.

73 de K1ESE
John

Re: Firmware 3.10 glitch

wayne burdick
I'll fix this right away and release firmware on Monday (hopefully).

Wayne
N6KR

On Apr 17, 2009, at 7:09 AM, John Huffman wrote:

> If I am in CW mode with Pitch set at 500hz and then press TUNE, my K3
> transmits and a brief high tone beep is heard in the earphones.
>
> After tuning the sidetone pitch is the same tone as that beat.  I don't
> know if the offset also changed.
>
> I need to change modes and then change back to CW to get the correct
> sidetone pitch of 500hz. and, perhaps, the same offset.

---

http://www.elecraft.com