For Sale Elecraft k3 & P3 AND Icom IC-7600

For Sale Elecraft k3 & P3 AND Icom IC-7600

ag6sh
Elecraft k3 & P3
For Sale K3, P3 combination with almost all options. Non-smoker.
Included are the following options in the K3:
KPA3 100 watt Power Amplifier Upgrade .........KRX3 Second Receiver
KAT3 Antenna Tuner
KXVA3 Receive Antenna, IF Out and Xverter Interface
KTCX03-1 TCXO 0.5 PPM High Stability Oscillator
KDVR3 Digital Voice Decoder .........KBPF3 General Coverage RX Bandpass
K144XV Internal 2M 10 watt Xcvr............P3 Panadapter with P3SVGA card.
Filters Included:
2 – 13.5Khz, 1 – 6Khz*, 2 – 2.8Khz, 1 – 2.7Khz*, 2 – 1.8Khz , 2 – 1Khz , 2 – 400 hz
Condition of the radio is excellent.
Price: $2200

Icom IC-7600
Radio runs and looks like new
Practically new from an estate… purchased new 14 months ago and uses less than 15 hours. Physically 9+, electrically a 10. Front panel is like new. Fully checked out and all features function perfectly. with all original boxes and manuals, mic and power cord. .. everything that came with the new unit.
Price includes shipping and insurance.
Price : $2200

Contact: mark.elecraft@yahoo.com
Mr Mark

Re: For Sale Elecraft k3 & P3 AND Icom IC-7600

John_N1JM
Got serial numbers?  Prices seem very low.

John N1JM

ag6sh wrote
[...]

Mr Mark

Re: For Sale Elecraft k3 & P3 AND Icom IC-7600

Scott Manthe-2
While Nabble has this, the list doesn't. It is almost certainly a scam,
since a little Googling shows multiple posts, but none on the reputable
selling/buying sites, just "radiobanter.com." Since AG6SH doesn't have
an email listed anywhere it's difficult to know where he's been phished,
hacked or scammed.

73,
Scott, N9AA

On 6/12/13 2:22 AM, John_N1JM wrote:

> Got serial numbers?  Prices seem very low.
>
> John N1JM
>

> ag6sh wrote
>> Elecraft k3 & P3
>> For Sale K3, P3 combination with almost all options. Non-smoker.
>> Included are the following options in the K3:
>> KPA3 100 watt Power Amplifier Upgrade .........KRX3 Second Receiver
>> KAT3 Antenna Tuner
>> KXVA3 Receive Antenna, IF Out and Xverter Interface
>> KTCX03-1 TCXO 0.5 PPM High Stability Oscillator
>> KDVR3 Digital Voice Decoder .........KBPF3 General Coverage RX Bandpass
>> K144XV Internal 2M 10 watt Xcvr............P3 Panadapter with P3SVGA card.
>> Filters Included:
>> 2 – 13.5Khz, 1 – 6Khz*, 2 – 2.8Khz, 1 – 2.7Khz*, 2 – 1.8Khz , 2 – 1Khz , 2
>> – 400 hz
>> Condition of the radio is excellent.
>> Price: $2200
>>

>> Icom IC-7600
>> Radio runs and looks like new
>> Practically new from an estate… purchased new 14 months ago and uses less
>> than 15 hours. Physically 9+, electrically a 10. Front panel is like new.
>> Fully checked out and all features function perfectly. with all original
>> boxes and manuals, mic and power cord. .. everything that came with the
>> new unit.
>> Price includes shipping and insurance.
>> Price : $2200
>>
>> Contact: [hidden email]
>> Mr Mark
>> 73

Re: For Sale Elecraft k3 & P3 AND Icom IC-7600

Keith Heimbold
Looks like a scam to me too.

Sent from my iPhone please excuse typos

On Jun 11, 2013, at 11:37 PM, "Scott Manthe" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> While Nabble has this, the list doesn't. It is almost certainly a scam, since a little Googling shows multiple posts, but none on the reputable selling/buying sites, just "radiobanter.com." Since AG6SH doesn't have an email listed anywhere it's difficult to know where he's been phished, hacked or scammed.
>
> 73,
> Scott, N9AA
>

> On 6/12/13 2:22 AM, John_N1JM wrote:
>> Got serial numbers?  Prices seem very low.
>>
>> John N1JM
>>

>> ag6sh wrote
>>> Elecraft k3 & P3
>>> For Sale K3, P3 combination with almost all options. Non-smoker.
>>> Included are the following options in the K3:
>>> KPA3 100 watt Power Amplifier Upgrade .........KRX3 Second Receiver
>>> KAT3 Antenna Tuner
>>> KXVA3 Receive Antenna, IF Out and Xverter Interface
>>> KTCX03-1 TCXO 0.5 PPM High Stability Oscillator
>>> KDVR3 Digital Voice Decoder .........KBPF3 General Coverage RX Bandpass
>>> K144XV Internal 2M 10 watt Xcvr............P3 Panadapter with P3SVGA card.
>>> Filters Included:
>>> 2 – 13.5Khz, 1 – 6Khz*, 2 – 2.8Khz, 1 – 2.7Khz*, 2 – 1.8Khz , 2 – 1Khz , 2
>>> – 400 hz
>>> Condition of the radio is excellent.
>>> Price: $2200
>>>

>>> Icom IC-7600
>>> Radio runs and looks like new
>>> Practically new from an estate… purchased new 14 months ago and uses less
>>> than 15 hours. Physically 9+, electrically a 10. Front panel is like new.
>>> Fully checked out and all features function perfectly. with all original
>>> boxes and manuals, mic and power cord. .. everything that came with the
>>> new unit.
>>> Price includes shipping and insurance.
>>> Price : $2200
>>>
>>> Contact: [hidden email]
>>> Mr Mark
>>> 73

Re: For Sale Elecraft k3 & P3 AND Icom IC-7600

Stephen G4SJP
'Mr Mark' sounds rather oriental to me

73 Stephen G4SJP

On 12 June 2013 07:38, Keith Heimbold <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Looks like a scam to me too.
>
> Sent from my iPhone please excuse typos
>
> On Jun 11, 2013, at 11:37 PM, "Scott Manthe" <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > While Nabble has this, the list doesn't. It is almost certainly a scam,
> since a little Googling shows multiple posts, but none on the reputable
> selling/buying sites, just "radiobanter.com." Since AG6SH doesn't have an
> email listed anywhere it's difficult to know where he's been phished,
> hacked or scammed.
> >
> > 73,
> > Scott, N9AA
> >

> > On 6/12/13 2:22 AM, John_N1JM wrote:
> >> Got serial numbers?  Prices seem very low.
> >>
> >> John N1JM
> >>

> >> ag6sh wrote
> card.
> , 2

> less
> new.
> original

> > Post: mailto:[hidden email]

Re: For Sale Elecraft k3 & P3 AND Icom IC-7600

Fred Smith-2
I would reply that I would buy all 3 of the items and will pickup in person as I have my own plane if it is very far to drive. Then see what happens with the deal one thing that 95% of the time that give them away is the name they sign with "Mr. Mark" dead giveaway I skip those first thing.

73,
Fred/N0AZZ
K3 Ser #'s 6730/5299--KX3 # 2573--K2/100--KAT100
P3/SVGA--KPA500--KAT500--W2

On Jun 11, 2013, at 11:37 PM, "Scott Manthe" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> While Nabble has this, the list doesn't. It is almost certainly a scam, since a little Googling shows multiple posts, but none on the reputable selling/buying sites, just "radiobanter.com." Since AG6SH doesn't have an email listed anywhere it's difficult to know where he's been phished, hacked or scammed.
>
> 73,
> Scott, N9AA
>

> On 6/12/13 2:22 AM, John_N1JM wrote:
>> Got serial numbers?  Prices seem very low.
>>
>> John N1JM
>>

>> ag6sh wrote
>>> Elecraft k3 & P3
>>> For Sale K3, P3 combination with almost all options. Non-smoker.
>>> Included are the following options in the K3:
>>> KPA3 100 watt Power Amplifier Upgrade .........KRX3 Second Receiver
>>> KAT3 Antenna Tuner
>>> KXVA3 Receive Antenna, IF Out and Xverter Interface
>>> KTCX03-1 TCXO 0.5 PPM High Stability Oscillator
>>> KDVR3 Digital Voice Decoder .........KBPF3 General Coverage RX
>>> Bandpass K144XV Internal 2M 10 watt Xcvr............P3 Panadapter with P3SVGA card.
>>> Filters Included:
>>> 2 – 13.5Khz, 1 – 6Khz*, 2 – 2.8Khz, 1 – 2.7Khz*, 2 – 1.8Khz , 2 –
>>> 1Khz , 2 – 400 hz Condition of the radio is excellent.
>>> Price: $2200
>>>

>>> Icom IC-7600
>>> Radio runs and looks like new
>>> Practically new from an estate… purchased new 14 months ago and uses
>>> less than 15 hours. Physically 9+, electrically a 10. Front panel is like new.
>>> Fully checked out and all features function perfectly. with all
>>> original boxes and manuals, mic and power cord. .. everything that
>>> came with the new unit.
>>> Price includes shipping and insurance.
>>> Price : $2200
>>>
>>> Contact: [hidden email]
>>> Mr Mark
>>> 73

> list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html

-----
No virus found in this message.

Re: For Sale Elecraft k3 & P3 AND Icom IC-7600

Alan Komenski
He told me in an e-mail the serial numbers for the K3/P3, and said everything was 1 year old. I called Elecraft and was told that the P3 number was one of the earliest issued and the K3 number had been sold only a couple of months ago. Definitely a scam, and the price was the first thing that was suspicious.

Alan - AC2K
Redmond, WA

Sent from my iPad

Re: For Sale Elecraft k3 & P3 AND Icom IC-7600

PETER HUTCHISON
I found this advert from the 27th of April  and thought - that's a tad familiar....

http://www.hamradio.in/forum/viewtopic.php?p=13221

and being sold by a KC6WIR then....

He gets around.

Peter G4URT

Re: For Sale Elecraft k3 & P3 AND Icom IC-7600

Grant Youngman
I wouldn't assume the call sign has anything to do with the scam. I got hit by a WTB I had posted -- got an offer of one. Almost had the deal closed when I found out the seller wanted a postal money order sent to his "nurse" at another address because of "health issues".

Got a valid phone number for the ham supposedly selling.  He knew NOTHING about it, didn't have one to sell, and didn't have a nurse.

If it walks like a duck ...

Grant NQ5T

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 12, 2013, at 11:34 AM, PETER HUTCHISON <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I found this advert from the 27th of April  and thought - that's a tad familiar....
>
> http://www.hamradio.in/forum/viewtopic.php?p=13221
>
> and being sold by a KC6WIR then....
>
> He gets around.
>
> Peter G4URT

Re: For Sale Elecraft k3 & P3 AND Icom IC-7600

mzilmer
The pricing alone is enough to put one off.  If it walks like a duck, *and* looks too good to be true.....

Matt Zilmer, W6NIA
Semper Gumby

If it walks like a duck ...

Grant NQ5T

Re: For Sale Elecraft k3 & P3 AND Icom IC-7600

Lynn W. Taylor, WB6UUT
What I don't understand is why anyone even looked twice at this obvious
scam.

On 6/12/2013 9:58 AM, Grant Youngman wrote:

> I wouldn't assume the call sign has anything to do with the scam. I got hit by a WTB I had posted -- got an offer of one. Almost had the deal closed when I found out the seller wanted a postal money order sent to his "nurse" at another address because of "health issues".
>
> Got a valid phone number for the ham supposedly selling.  He knew NOTHING about it, didn't have one to sell, and didn't have a nurse.
>
> If it walks like a duck ...
>
> Grant NQ5T
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Jun 12, 2013, at 11:34 AM, PETER HUTCHISON <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I found this advert from the 27th of April  and thought - that's a tad familiar....
>>
>> http://www.hamradio.in/forum/viewtopic.php?p=13221
>>
>> and being sold by a KC6WIR then....
>>
>> He gets around.
>>
>> Peter G4URT
>> Post: mailto:[hidden email]

Re: For Sale Elecraft k3 & P3 AND Icom IC-7600

John_N1JM
I knew it was a scam. I was seeing if the idiot might respond. Obviously not his call-sign either.
I started this silly thread. Let me end it.
John N1JM

Lynn W. Taylor, WB6UUT wrote
What I don't understand is why anyone even looked twice at this obvious
scam.

On 6/12/2013 9:58 AM, Grant Youngman wrote:
> I wouldn't assume the call sign has anything to do with the scam. I got hit by a WTB I had posted -- got an offer of one. Almost had the deal closed when I found out the seller wanted a postal money order sent to his "nurse" at another address because of "health issues".
>
> Got a valid phone number for the ham supposedly selling.  He knew NOTHING about it, didn't have one to sell, and didn't have a nurse.
>
> If it walks like a duck ...
>
> Grant NQ5T
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Jun 12, 2013, at 11:34 AM, PETER HUTCHISON <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I found this advert from the 27th of April  and thought - that's a tad familiar....
>>
>> http://www.hamradio.in/forum/viewtopic.php?p=13221
>>
>> and being sold by a KC6WIR then....
>>
>> He gets around.
>>
>> Peter G4URT
>> Post: mailto:[hidden email]

Re: For Sale Elecraft k3 & P3 AND Icom IC-7600

Rick Prather-2
One thing that's common in all of these types of scams is that the seller does not have an email address on QRZ.

I would suggests - 1) Don't deal with someone without an email address and 2) Put your email address on QRZ so you can be alerted in the unlikely event someone tries this with your call.

Rick
K6LE

Re: For Sale Elecraft k3 & P3 AND Icom IC-7600

Keith Heimbold
I was almost in a purchase situation where the qrz email matched the one that the fraudulent party was using.

These criminals actually hack into people's emails or create hotmail or other accounts and then use those addresses on qrz sites. Just be careful overall. Get a phone number, talk to the seller, request pictures and even get a reference or two of other hams if you are spending lots of your hard earned money and have any doubts in your mind.  I haven't been burned but been close.

Keith
AK6ZZ

On Jun 12, 2013, at 3:18 PM, "Rick Prather" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> One thing that's common in all of these types of scams is that the seller does not have an email address on QRZ.
>
> I would suggests - 1) Don't deal with someone without an email address and 2) Put your email address on QRZ so you can be alerted in the unlikely event someone tries this with your call.
>
> Rick
> K6LE

Re: For Sale Elecraft k3 & P3 AND Icom IC-7600

k6dgw
I have, once.  Bought a Bird Thru-Line from a guy on eBay with a very
good [but not perfect] rating.  Paid thru PayPal.  Box arrived, he had
packed it with the air inflated packing balloons with nothing around the
device.  Sharp edges had punctured the padding, and the meter itself was
destroyed.  It's not just scams, I contacted him, no sympathy ...
contacted eBay dispute resolution ... lots of emails and words, no action.

I have sold a very few Elecraft things via this list, last was the
KPA100 and KAT100 when I dedicated my K2 to QRP.  No one has ever
complained [but very small sample size].  I'm very wary of online sales
from individuals now.

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 2013 Cal QSO Party 5-6 Oct 2013
- www.cqp.org