Gurus, Giving Up & Group Therapy

Elecraft mailing list
Humor on this Board is sometimes misunderstood.  Oh well…

My 3 rules:

1.  If my $100.00 built from scratch and spare parts radio successfully communicates with your state of the art shack, my hobby has succeeded.

2.  Everybody has an opinion and all of them are correct, but mine is more correct for me than yours.

3.  There is very little on this board about the KX2 so it must be the closest to perfect radio out there Elecraft has designed.  That is why I own one.

Is the true spirit of the “Elmer” part of your hobby?

Keeping Watch-
shu
Joe Shuman, NZ8P

Unless someone like you
cares a whole awful lot,
nothing is going to get better.
It’s not. -Dr. Seuss

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: Gurus, Giving Up & Group Therapy

Julia Tuttle
Sadly, humor is really easy to miss on the Internet, mostly due to Poe's
law (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe%27s_law).

1. Yes!
2. Yes!
3. Yes! My *only* nit is that it can't charge batteries without removing
them.

And I wanna second the Elmer bit. Helping each other get up and running,
kindly letting folks know when things are broken, and collaboratively
debugging problems is such a big part of what makes this hobby enjoyable.

Cheers,

Julie

On Thu, Jun 10, 2021 at 1:24 PM Joseph Shuman via Elecraft <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Humor on this Board is sometimes misunderstood.  Oh well…
>
> My 3 rules:
>
> 1.  If my $100.00 built from scratch and spare parts radio successfully
> communicates with your state of the art shack, my hobby has succeeded.
>
> 2.  Everybody has an opinion and all of them are correct, but mine is more
> correct for me than yours.
>
> 3.  There is very little on this board about the KX2 so it must be the
> closest to perfect radio out there Elecraft has designed.  That is why I
> own one.
>
> Is the true spirit of the “Elmer” part of your hobby?
>
> Keeping Watch-
> shu
> Joe Shuman, NZ8P
>
> Unless someone like you
> cares a whole awful lot,
> nothing is going to get better.
> It’s not. -Dr. Seuss

> Message delivered to [hidden email]

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: Gurus, Giving Up & Group Therapy

Jim Brown-10
On 6/10/2021 10:24 AM, Joseph Shuman via Elecraft wrote:
>   Everybody has an opinion and all of them are correct, but mine is more correct for me than yours.

Nope. The SCIENCE of almost everything about radio is long established.
Some things we, as a society, are still learning about, like
propagation, and new viruses.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but NOT to their own facts.

73, Jim K9YC

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: Gurus, Giving Up & Group Therapy

Thorsten Fricke
Am 10.06.21 um 19:24 schrieb Joseph Shuman via Elecraft:
> Humor on this Board is sometimes misunderstood.  Oh well…

That would really be a BIG issue, I hope this is not really true!

> My 3 rules:
>
> 1.  If my $100.00 built from scratch and spare parts radio successfully communicates with your state of the art shack, my hobby has succeeded.
>
> 2.  Everybody has an opinion and all of them are correct, but mine is more correct for me than yours.
>
> 3.  There is very little on this board about the KX2 so it must be the closest to perfect radio out there Elecraft has designed.  That is why I own one.

*lol* For info about the KX2 you might check the "Elecraft-KX" distro,
but even there... not much to say.

As a KX2 user myself I can only fully agree to your point 3, though I
have to admit, that my "new" K3 (sn 33xx) is also a very nice toy and I
am slowly getting used to it.

> Is the true spirit of the “Elmer” part of your hobby?

I wouldn't be where I am without my fellow OMs that are guiding and
leading me to success... still a way to go, but... that's part of the
game, isn't it?

> Keeping Watch-
> shu
> Joe Shuman, NZ8P