Guy Olinger criticism...

John Ragle
I don't exactly know what set this guy off, but I know what my antennas
are doing because I use a vector network analyzer on them. I was simply
comparing the K2's tuner with a couple of other tuners I've used. My
points were (a) the KAT2 tuner is very good/outstanding for a switcher
that uses discretized components, (b) an external tuner subtracts from
the portability of the K2 or K3, and (c) the discretized components in
the F3K are chosen for the low-frequency bands and don't work at all for
10 or 6 if one is trying to match a hi-Q antenna structure, which may be
not too far from 50+0i at its resonant frequency.

Dr. J. L. Ragle -- W1ZI

Re: Guy Olinger criticism...

Guy, K2AV
For sure I didn't mean it like you seem to have read it. 73, Guy.

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 9:25 PM, John Ragle <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I don't exactly know what set this guy off, but I know what my antennas
> are doing because I use a vector network analyzer on them. I was simply
> comparing the K2's tuner with a couple of other tuners I've used. My
> points were (a) the KAT2 tuner is very good/outstanding for a switcher
> that uses discretized components, (b) an external tuner subtracts from
> the portability of the K2 or K3, and (c) the discretized components in
> the F3K are chosen for the low-frequency bands and don't work at all for
> 10 or 6 if one is trying to match a hi-Q antenna structure, which may be
> not too far from 50+0i at its resonant frequency.
>
> Dr. J. L. Ragle -- W1ZI

Re: Guy Olinger criticism...

Jim Brown-10
On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 21:25:45 -0400, John Ragle wrote:

>I don't exactly know what set this guy off

I only know Guy from this list, but it's obvious to me that he is a smart
engineer and analytical thinker with a positive attitude about life. I view
anything he says as worth considering.

73,

Jim K9YC

Re: Guy Olinger criticism...

Bob Naumann W5OV
John,

I think you may owe Guy an apology.

He's agreeing with you on how good the K2 tuner is and how others may not
fare as well.

I don't see any criticism of your comments at all.

73,

Bob W5OV