Ham band expansions in Norway

Jon Kåre Hellan
The Norwegian FCC equivalent is going to propose some additional and expanded ham radio bands.

In the 160-6 m range, the changes are:

60m: 5260-5410 - not channelized.
12m: lower limit moves down to 24740.

We're also getting a 500 kHz band and a 70 MHz band.

These changes haven't taken effect yet, but hopefully Elecraft will take note, so that any necessary firmware
updates and mods are ready in time.

Those of you who are able to decipher Norwegian can find more info at "http://nrrl.no/NewsArticle.asp?id=296".
Google translate's English version is entertaining, but more or less comprehensible.

73
Jon LA4RT

Re: Ham band expansions in Norway

Darwin, Keith
12 meters?  There is a 12 meter band?  I thought ham was only 40 and 80
CW.  Oh, and 30 on contest weekends.

Wow!

- Keith N1AS -
- K3 711 -

Re: Ham band expansions in Norway

AD6XY
This is good news. Especially 4m. When can I expect to work you and is there now a market for my old 28-70MHz transverter or my XV50 conversions?

Mike
Jon K Hellan wrote
The Norwegian FCC equivalent is going to propose some additional and expanded ham radio bands.

In the 160-6 m range, the changes are:

60m: 5260-5410 - not channelized.
12m: lower limit moves down to 24740.

We're also getting a 500 kHz band and a 70 MHz band.

These changes haven't taken effect yet, but hopefully Elecraft will take note, so that any necessary firmware
updates and mods are ready in time.

Those of you who are able to decipher Norwegian can find more info at "http://nrrl.no/NewsArticle.asp?id=296".
Google translate's English version is entertaining, but more or less comprehensible.

73
Jon LA4RT

Re: Ham band expansions in Norway

Johnny Siu
Hello Group,

This is also a possibility of 70Mhz in Hong Kong.  I am looking forward to a conversion kit for turning XV50 into XV70.

cheers,

Johnny Siu VR2XMC

--- 2009年1月28日 星期三,AD6XY <[hidden email]> 寫道﹕
寄件人: AD6XY <[hidden email]>
主題: Re: [Elecraft] Ham band expansions in Norway
收件人: [hidden email]
日期: 2009 1 28 星期三 下午 9:41

Jon K Hellan wrote:

> The Norwegian FCC equivalent is going to propose some additional and
> expanded ham radio bands.
>
> In the 160-6 m range, the changes are:
>
> 60m: 5260-5410 - not channelized.
> 12m: lower limit moves down to 24740.
>
> We're also getting a 500 kHz band and a 70 MHz band.
>
> These changes haven't taken effect yet, but hopefully Elecraft will
take
> note, so that any necessary firmware
> updates and mods are ready in time.
>
> Those of you who are able to decipher Norwegian can find more info at
> "http://nrrl.no/NewsArticle.asp?id=296".
> Google translate's English version is entertaining, but more or less
> comprehensible.
>
> 73
> Jon LA4RT

Yahoo!香港提供網上安全攻略,教你如何防範黑客!了解更多

Ham band expansions in Norway

Jon Kåre Hellan
Expanded frequency allocations for hams in Norway came into force last
week. The new allocations can be seen at

http://www.lovdata.no/ltavd1/filer/sf-20091105-1340.html#5.

New/expanded bands in the K3's range:

5260-5410 kHz - not channelized
24740-24890 - this is 150 kHz below the international 12m band.

I hope we can get a firmware mode to cover these.

We've also got 493-510 kHz and 5 slices between 70.0625 and 70.4625 MHz,
I guess we could put those on the wishlist.

73
Jon LA4RT