High Audio

Joe G
I am using FW 2.76  no preamp, RF gain at 2-3 o"clock and a Heil headset.

On SSB audio level is consistently very high. I have to turn audio gain to 9-11 o'clock to listen comfortably

Is there a setting I am missing
Joe
W1JGS

RE: High Audio

AC7AC
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

RE: High Audio

Joe Subich, W4TV-4

> On SSB audio level is consistently very high. I have to turn
> audio gain to 9-11 o'clock to listen comfortably

AF gain at 9 to 11 o'clock is normal.  If that bothers you,
set AF Gain (config menu) to Low and you will have to turn
the AF Gain up to around 1-3 o'clock to reach the same level
as you previously had at 9-11 o'clock.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV

RE: High Audio

Greg - AB7R
Check the CONFIG>AF GAIN setting.  If you are getting to much audio set it
to LO vice HI.

73
Greg
AB7R