High sierra ads in qst

ussv dharma
High Sierra often charges considerably more than their advertised prices the current issue of QST.  They are also horribly deficient when it comes to customer service....a number of hams have voice this concern.....BE CAREFUL IF YOU ORDER FROM HIGH SIERRA

If you don't change direction you WILL arrive exactly where you're headed!!

Susan Meckley, Skipper W7KFI-mm  AFA9SM
                         USSV DHARMA

Re: High sierra ads in qst [are just fine]

wt6p
I have ordered a large number of items from High Sierra over many years.  I
have never been overcharged from an advertised price.  Shipping has always
been very fair (actual cost) and if I have a question, I submit an email
with an intelligent question and always receive a fine answer.

Sounds like an isolated incidence or two for reasons unknown to the rest of
us.

Mark - WT6P
Kingman, AZ

High Sierra often charges considerably more than their advertised prices the
current issue of QST.  They are also horribly deficient when it comes to
customer service....a number of hams have voice this concern.....BE CAREFUL
IF YOU ORDER FROM HIGH SIERRA

If you don't change direction you WILL arrive exactly where you're headed!!

Susan Meckley, Skipper W7KFI-mm  AFA9SM
                         USSV DHARMA

-----
No virus found in this message.

Re: High sierra ads in qst

N8MSA
I sat out the last iteration of this, but I have to say that I have a hard time taking this seriously without some kind data: issue details, ultimate resolution, and similar information that would help everyone make an informed decision.

So...can we get some details as to what led to these statements?

Mike Alexander - N8MSA

[hidden email]

Re: High sierra ads in qst

Andrew Siegel
The Elecraft reflector isn't the appropriate venue for complaining
about other vendors' services.

On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 1:24 PM, ussv dharma <[hidden email]> wrote:
> High Sierra often charges considerably more than their advertised prices the current issue of QST.  They are also horribly deficient when it comes to customer service....a number of hams have voice this concern.....BE CAREFUL IF YOU ORDER FROM HIGH SIERRA

Re: High sierra ads in qst

zeke7237
and what does it have to do with elecraft?

On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 2:31 PM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I sat out the last iteration of this, but I have to say that I have a hard time taking this seriously without some kind data: issue details, ultimate resolution, and similar information that would help everyone make an informed decision.
>
> So...can we get some details as to what led to these statements?
>

> Mike Alexander - N8MSA
>
> [hidden email]

Re: High sierra ads in qst

N8MSA
"What does this have to do with Elecraft?"

Nothing...but I would like to at least see something substantive if this thread is going to be allowed to continue as long as the last one. Ideally, the post would have not been made here at all, perhaps would have been posted in QRZ, and with a little more information than "High Sierra stinks".

Mike Alexander

[hidden email]

and what does it have to do with elecraft?

On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 2:31 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I sat out the last iteration of this, but I have to say that I have a hard time taking this seriously without some kind data: issue details, ultimate resolution, and similar information that would help everyone make an informed decision.
>
> So...can we get some details as to what led to these statements?
>

> Mike Alexander - N8MSA
>
> [hidden email]

Re: High sierra ads in qst

Bill N2BC
How about a "High Sierra" reflector - not here.

and what does it have to do with elecraft?

On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 2:31 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I sat out the last iteration of this, but I have to say that I have a hard
time taking this seriously without some kind data: issue details, ultimate
resolution, and similar information that would help everyone make an
informed decision.

> So...can we get some details as to what led to these statements?
>

> Mike Alexander - N8MSA
>
> [hidden email]

Re: High sierra ads in qst [Thread closed]

Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ
Administrator
Folks let's close this way OT thread.

73,

Eric
List Moderator ---
www.elecraft.com

Re: High sierra ads in qst

Bill Tubbs, WK6A
I'm sort of in the middle. I ordered a product from High Sierra last year and my shipment was mixed up with another. But it was straightened out quickly, the charges were exactly as stated, and I received a personal apology for the inconvenience from the owner. I'm happy with them!

Bill
WK6A

Sent from my iPhone

On May 9, 2012, at 11:31 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> I sat out the last iteration of this, but I have to say that I have a hard time taking this seriously without some kind data: issue details, ultimate resolution, and similar information that would help everyone make an informed decision.
>
> So...can we get some details as to what led to these statements?
>

> Mike Alexander - N8MSA
>
> [hidden email]

Re: High sierra ads in qst

W4GRJ
I am confused how this thread has anything to do with Elecraft ??

Jack
W4GRJ

I'm sort of in the middle. I ordered a product from High Sierra last year
and my shipment was mixed up with another. But it was straightened out
quickly, the charges were exactly as stated, and I received a personal
apology for the inconvenience from the owner. I'm happy with them!

Bill
WK6A

Sent from my iPhone

On May 9, 2012, at 11:31 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> I sat out the last iteration of this, but I have to say that I have a hard
time taking this seriously without some kind data: issue details, ultimate
resolution, and similar information that would help everyone make an
informed decision.

> So...can we get some details as to what led to these statements?
>

> Mike Alexander - N8MSA
>
> [hidden email]

Re: High sierra ads in qst [Thread already closed]

Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ
Administrator
Folks, this thread has been closed. It is not appropriate for this list.

73,
Eric
List Moderator
www.elecraft.com