Homebrew

Tom-241
After having built every radio Elecraft has to offer, the only alternative
was to start building my own equipment - or wait until they release the K4.
Here is my attempt to do just that. Although the transmitter in this video
is not likely to put anyone out of business, it does fulfill the need to
build something. Since I'm not yet able to design my own gear from start to
finish, I have stolen ideas from the world of QRP - a world Elecraft is very
familiar with.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njo4Z_8cdWs

I made another video where the above transmitter is turned into an SSB
transceiver.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_uBqbEV0-w

Although these videos don't seem to have much to do with Elecraft, they do.
I use the W1 watt meter almost exclusively for testing and on the air QRP
use. I used the 2T-gen 2-Tone Test Generator a lot when building the mic
amplifier and for over-all transmitter checks. I used the K3 with LP-Pan and
PowerSDR-IF to record my TX audio. In the first video, the K2 serves as the
receiver. By grounding the tip of the key jack and putting the transmitter
in Test mode, I could safely mute the K2 receiver while transmitting.
And, Elecraft gave me a great deal of confidence in building radios. So much
so that I thought I could do it myself :).

Thanks,

Tom, ak2b

Re: Homebrew

AC7AC
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Homebrew

Daniel-28
I was tempted to do something like this a long time ago before I got into QRP kits. Now I'm thinking I might go ahead and try it some day. Not too bad there. Just adding the little "building blocks" together. It may not be much to look at but that doesn't matter considering it works! Great job and pretty good videos.

Dan
W4ABN

Message: 30