K1: noise blanker instructions theory

Stephen  Prior
This is reposted, since I never saw it appear on the list, apologies if it's
a dupe.

AnywayŠŠŠŠ..

I'm just about to build the K1 noise blanker to take my mind off the KX3!

In the errata sheet, I am confused by the change to the bottom of page 5:
'If your board is revision C, solder .........'

I have looked at the print on the pcb and it says Rev. Cr

Is that revsion C or not I wonder?  I know it's not A or C, but to my mind
Cr does not equal C!

Thanks

Stephen G4SJP

PS.  To UK readers of this, I ordered the kit from QRP project in Germany
and paid less than I would have done direct from Elecraft once the shipping
was taken into consideration.

Re: K1: noise blanker instructions theory

Stephen  Prior
I really don't know where the word 'theory' came from in the subject!

On 17/12/2011 20:02, "Stephen  Prior" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>This is reposted, since I never saw it appear on the list, apologies if
>it's
>a dupe.
>
>Anyway????..
>

>I'm just about to build the K1 noise blanker to take my mind off the KX3!
>
>In the errata sheet, I am confused by the change to the bottom of page 5:
>'If your board is revision C, solder .........'
>
>I have looked at the print on the pcb and it says Rev. Cr
>
>Is that revsion C or not I wonder?  I know it's not A or C, but to my mind
>Cr does not equal C!
>
>Thanks
>
>Stephen G4SJP
>
>PS.  To UK readers of this, I ordered the kit from QRP project in Germany
>and paid less than I would have done direct from Elecraft once the
>shipping
>was taken into consideration.

>Post: mailto:[hidden email]

Re: K1: noise blanker instructions theory

Stephen,

Is there a place for C12 and C13 on the top of the board? If not, place
them on the bottom as shown in the instructions for the Rev C board.

On 12/17/2011 3:02 PM, Stephen Prior wrote:

> This is reposted, since I never saw it appear on the list, apologies if it's
> a dupe.
>
> AnywayŠŠŠŠ..
>

> I'm just about to build the K1 noise blanker to take my mind off the KX3!
>
> In the errata sheet, I am confused by the change to the bottom of page 5:
> 'If your board is revision C, solder .........'
>
> I have looked at the print on the pcb and it says Rev. Cr
>
> Is that revsion C or not I wonder?  I know it's not A or C, but to my mind
> Cr does not equal C!
>
> Thanks
>
> Stephen G4SJP
>
> PS.  To UK readers of this, I ordered the kit from QRP project in Germany
> and paid less than I would have done direct from Elecraft once the shipping
> was taken into consideration.

Rookie Round-up Tomorrow

ny4g

Elecrafters
Looking for support tomorrow in the ARRL Rookie Roundup
Look for my calling CQ around the following frequencies tomorrow
CW: 3.550, 7.050, 14,050, 21.050, 28.050 and between 50.080 and 50.100 MHz.
My last year to qualify as a rookie having been licensed in 2009
I'll be firing up the K2/100  - look forward to hearing y'all
DE NY4G ARIEL 09 SC