K1 ?

daleputnam

Ok, I ran outta ideas, so I am referring this to the group, of super experts here.  A K1, on 30m, narrow vfo, (80mhz) cal op, and b2 chosen to be 10.1 however, when selecting the band, the display show 10, then 018, then 18.1. That leads one to think it is working on 10.018.1 yet it is really on 10.118.1 The tx and rx are correct. It is the display flash of 10, then 018 and specifically the 0 that is at issue. Any thoughts? Thank you very much and have a Safe Memorial Day.

--...   ...--
Dale - WC7S in Wy

Re: K1 ?

Bruce Beford-2
Dale, 2 band or 4 band? Has another band board been used in this rig? I'd do
a reset to defaults on the MCU (see pg 57 in the K1 manual), and start
again.

GL,
Bruce, N1RX

> Ok, I ran outta ideas, so I am referring this to the group, of super
> experts here.  A K1, on 30m, narrow vfo, (80mhz) cal op, and b2 chosen
> to be 10.1 however, when selecting the band, the display show 10, then
> 018, then 18.1. That leads one to think it is working on 10.018.1 yet
> it is really on 10.118.1 The tx and rx are correct. It is the display
> flash of 10, then 018 and specifically the 0 that is at issue. Any
> thoughts? Thank you very much and have a Safe Memorial Day.

> --...   ...--
> Dale - WC7S in Wy

Re: K1 ?

Guy, K2AV
Wouldn't that display be relative to the band edge, not absolute?  Only
thing changed in the K1 between the two modes of thirty meters is a crystal
and a capacitor.  Everything the rest of the radio has to do is in
reference to a band edge, which is against a xx.000 band edge or  either
10.000 or 10.100  for 30m.  With the 80 kHz the band edge is 10.1.

73, Guy.

On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 9:23 AM, Dale Putnam <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ok, I ran outta ideas, so I am referring this to the group, of super
> experts here.  A K1, on 30m, narrow vfo, (80mhz) cal op, and b2 chosen to
> be 10.1 however, when selecting the band, the display show 10, then 018,
> then 18.1. That leads one to think it is working on 10.018.1 yet it is
> really on 10.118.1 The tx and rx are correct. It is the display flash of
> 10, then 018 and specifically the 0 that is at issue. Any thoughts? Thank
> you very much and have a Safe Memorial Day.
>
> --...   ...--
> Dale - WC7S in Wy

Re: K1 ?

Mike Morrow-3
> A K1, on 30m, narrow vfo, (80mhz) cal op, and b2 chosen to
> be 10.1 however, when selecting the band, the display show
> 10, then 018, then 18.1. That leads one to think it is
> working on 10.018.1 yet it is really on 10.118.1 The tx and
> rx are correct.

You must select the B2 function in the menu.  What you see now
apparently is 10.0, and you want it to be 10.1.  To make that
swap, while 10.0 is shown, PRESS AND HOLD the BAND/DISPLAY button
until you see 10.0 change to 10.1.  Exit the menu to get back to
the VFO indication and you're done.

This is in K1 manual on page 39 left side middle page.  It is
also on the Quick Reference Guide on the last page of the manual.

73,
Mike / KK5F