K144XV info

M0XDF
Could someone tell me where the dedicated Antenna socket for the
K144XV emerges and what type is it?
Given that no functionality of the KXV3 is lost, I am assuming the
'Ref' blank socket is not used - or is it?
73 de M0XDF, K3 #174
--
Always remember, half the people in the world are above average
intelligence!

Re: K144XV info

David Pratt
In a recent message, "David Ferrington, M0XDF" <[hidden email]>
wrote ...

>Could someone tell me where the dedicated Antenna socket for the
>K144XV emerges and what type is it?
>Given that no functionality of the KXV3 is lost, I am assuming the
>'Ref' blank socket is not used - or is it?

No, David, the "REF" socket on the rear of the K3 is for the KREF3-EXT
option referred to on page 17 of the Owner's Manual (Ref. D2). That
indicates that it will be an SMA socket.

73

David
--
David G4DMP
Leeds, England, UK

Re: K144XV info

wayne burdick
A replacement fan panel is supplied with the K144XV option that
includes a BNC jack for the 2 m antenna.

You could optionally use the "REF" location.

73,
Wayne
N6KR

On May 20, 2009, at 4:54 AM, David Ferrington, M0XDF wrote:

> Could someone tell me where the dedicated Antenna socket for the
> K144XV emerges and what type is it?
> Given that no functionality of the KXV3 is lost, I am assuming the
> 'Ref' blank socket is not used - or is it?
> 73 de M0XDF, K3 #174
> --
> Always remember, half the people in the world are above average
> intelligence!

---

http://www.elecraft.com

Re: K144XV info

Alexandr Kobranov
Hello friends,

after some local discussions with Jan, OK2TT, and others intersted in
using K144XV as a "driver" for higher bands transverters there are
some questions:

1) what about supported frequency range? We are using mostly 146 to
148MHz as I/F frq from transverter(-s) so we hope it will be no
problem with new 2m module.

2) What about possibility to have a +TX signal (9 - 12V) on BNC
(central pin) as most of transverters today are using this system of
T/R switching (mostly DB6NT production line). (It is as basic option,
for more complex system external sequencing needed but in typical FD
configuaration it is enough.)

Any comments?

Thanks,
73!

Lexa, ok1dst
K3/10 #727

wayne burdick napsal(a):

> A replacement fan panel is supplied with the K144XV option that
> includes a BNC jack for the 2 m antenna.
>
> You could optionally use the "REF" location.
>
> 73,
> Wayne
> N6KR
>

> On May 20, 2009, at 4:54 AM, David Ferrington, M0XDF wrote:
>
>> Could someone tell me where the dedicated Antenna socket for the
>> K144XV emerges and what type is it?
>> Given that no functionality of the KXV3 is lost, I am assuming the
>> 'Ref' blank socket is not used - or is it?
>> 73 de M0XDF, K3 #174
>> --
>> Always remember, half the people in the world are above average
>> intelligence!

>> Post: mailto:[hidden email]

> ---
>
> http://www.elecraft.com

Re: K144XV info

wayne burdick
Administrator

On May 21, 2009, at 2:55 AM, Alexandr Kobranov wrote:

> Hello friends,
>
> after some local discussions with Jan, OK2TT, and others intersted in
> using K144XV as a "driver" for higher bands transverters there are
> some questions:
>
> 1) what about supported frequency range? We are using mostly 146 to
> 148MHz as I/F frq from transverter(-s) so we hope it will be no
> problem with new 2m module.

The K144XV uses a 6-m IF, so it covers 144-148 MHz.

> 2) What about possibility to have a +TX signal (9 - 12V) on BNC
> (central pin) as most of transverters today are using this system of
> T/R switching (mostly DB6NT production line). (It is as basic option,
> for more complex system external sequencing needed but in typical FD
> configuaration it is enough.)

We're looking into this.

73,
Wayne