[K2] Miscellaneous Accessory Board Project

[K2] Miscellaneous Accessory Board Project

Dave KW4M
I've recently completed a project for the K2 that merges the W3FPR fixed-level audio output circuit, K6XX tuning indicator circuit, CW computer keying circuit, and optionally the unpcbs.com Internal Mic Adapter.

These functions are included on a single circuit board that plugs into the K2 front panel board.

Two microphone connector pins are used to bring the fixed-level audio output and the CW keying signals outside the radio.

Complete details can be found here.

73,
Dave
KW4M

Re: [K2] Miscellaneous Accessory Board Project

Dave KW4M
All prototype boards have been spoken for.

For those who have expressed interest in purchasing one, you will be individually notified regarding your status.

Final status will not be known until all payments have been made as there is a chance someone will back out.

Thank you for your interest!

Re: [K2] Miscellaneous Accessory Board Project

Thomas Taylor-2
Would any of you K2 owners want to get together to order the PCB's for a
quantity discount?

Thanks, Tom  KG7CFC

########

On Sun, 9 Mar 2014 07:29:22 -0700 (PDT)
Dave KW4M <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've recently completed a project for the K2 that merges the W3FPR
> fixed-level audio output circuit, K6XX tuning indicator circuit, CW computer
> keying circuit, and optionally the unpcbs.com Internal Mic Adapter.
>
> These functions are included on a single circuit board that plugs into the
> K2 front panel board.
>
> Two microphone connector pins are used to bring the fixed-level audio output
> and the CW keying signals outside the radio.
>
> Complete details can be found  here.
> <http://www.genebitsystems.com/david/K2MiscAccessoryBoard/index.htm>
>
> 73,
> Dave
> KW4M

Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can read.
  -  Mark Twain

^^  --...  ...--  / -.-  --.  --...  -.-.  ..-.  -.-.

^^^^
Tom Taylor - retired penguin - KG7CFC
AMD Phenom II x4 955 -- 4GB RAM -- 2x1.5TB sata2
openSUSE 13.1_RC2-x86_64
KDE 4.12.1, FF 25.0, claws-mail 3.9.2
registered linux user 263467

Re: [K2] Miscellaneous Accessory Board Project

Thomas Taylor-2
K4SOC Sam
KD8JXJ Bill
KA5QQA Rob
WC7S Dale

I have placed the order for three (3) board panels, each containing three (3)
boards.  When I have received them I will cut the panels into individual boards
and send them upon receipt of payment.

The cost for 3 panels amounts to $US 109.70 (includes shipping) so the cost per
board would be $12.19 plus shipping (if my OLD math is correct).

I will notify each of you when I have the boards ready to ship.

73  Tom  KG7CFC

############

On Sun, 9 Mar 2014 17:50:11 -0700
Thomas Taylor <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Would any of you K2 owners want to get together to order the PCB's for a
> quantity discount?
>
> Thanks, Tom  KG7CFC
>
> ########
>
> On Sun, 9 Mar 2014 07:29:22 -0700 (PDT)
> Dave KW4M <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I've recently completed a project for the K2 that merges the W3FPR
> > fixed-level audio output circuit, K6XX tuning indicator circuit, CW computer
> > keying circuit, and optionally the unpcbs.com Internal Mic Adapter.
> >
> > These functions are included on a single circuit board that plugs into the
> > K2 front panel board.
> >
> > Two microphone connector pins are used to bring the fixed-level audio output
> > and the CW keying signals outside the radio.
> >
> > Complete details can be found  here.
> > <http://www.genebitsystems.com/david/K2MiscAccessoryBoard/index.htm>
> >
> > 73,
> > Dave
> > KW4M
> >

> > --
> > Post: mailto:[hidden email]

Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can read.
  -  Mark Twain

^^  --...  ...--  / -.-  --.  --...  -.-.  ..-.  -.-.

^^^^
Tom Taylor - retired penguin - KG7CFC
AMD Phenom II x4 955 -- 4GB RAM -- 2x1.5TB sata2
openSUSE 13.1_RC2-x86_64
KDE 4.12.1, FF 25.0, claws-mail 3.9.2
registered linux user 263467

Re: [K2] Miscellaneous Accessory Board Project

Sean Michael Johnston
Tom,

Are all of the 9 boards spoken for?
If not, I’d like to buy one as well.

Also, I don’t suppose you would have a shopping cart link from mouser for this project, would you?

73 - Sean KG5AJZ

Re: [K2] Miscellaneous Accessory Board Project

Dave KW4M
I don't know how many boards Tom has left, but the Mouser project link is included in the pdf project manual.

Here it is:

http://www.mouser.com/ProjectManager/ProjectDetail.aspx?AccessID=4954c48ac1

Re: [K2] Miscellaneous Accessory Board Project

Dave KW4M
Some minor changes have been made to the project manual, mostly in the parts procurement section as related to the J1 connector.

For those persons who decide to build one, please make note any problems, points of confusion, potential improvements, etc. and provide them to me via email.  I intend to revise the manual and/or design on occasion based on such inputs.

It is always a good idea to download the latest files prior to building so you have the most up-to-date information.

Re: [K2] Miscellaneous Accessory Board Project

Thomas Taylor-2
On Sun, 9 Mar 2014 17:50:11 -0700
Thomas Taylor <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Would any of you K2 owners want to get together to order the PCB's for a
> quantity discount?
>
> Thanks, Tom  KG7CFC
>
> ########
>
> On Sun, 9 Mar 2014 07:29:22 -0700 (PDT)
> Dave KW4M <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I've recently completed a project for the K2 that merges the W3FPR
> > fixed-level audio output circuit, K6XX tuning indicator circuit, CW computer
> > keying circuit, and optionally the unpcbs.com Internal Mic Adapter.
> >
> > These functions are included on a single circuit board that plugs into the
> > K2 front panel board.
> >
> > Two microphone connector pins are used to bring the fixed-level audio output
> > and the CW keying signals outside the radio.
> >
> > Complete details can be found  here.
> > <http://www.genebitsystems.com/david/K2MiscAccessoryBoard/index.htm>
> >
> > 73,
> > Dave
> > KW4M
> >

> > --
> > Post: mailto:[hidden email]

To all those who asked to receive the boards, I expect to receive the shipment
on Tuesday after which I will separate the board panels into separate PCBs.  I
will then ship to those people in the order your email was received and upon
receipt of payment.

I will notify everyone of the status of the PCBs after I get them separated to
insure that they are not damaged.

Since I have heard from more than eight (8) other hams it may become necessary
to order another set of panels if there is enough interest.

Thanks, Tom

--
Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can read.
  -  Mark Twain

^^  --...  ...--  / -.-  --.  --...  -.-.  ..-.  -.-.

^^^^
Tom Taylor - retired penguin - KG7CFC
AMD Phenom II x4-955 -- 4GB RAM -- 128GB SSD -- 3x1.5TB sata2
openSUSE 13.1_GA-x86_64
KDE 4.11.5, FF 25.0, claws-mail 3.9.2
registered linux user 263467

Re: [K2] Miscellaneous Accessory Board Project

Thomas Taylor-2
On Sun, 16 Mar 2014 11:46:19 -0700
Thomas Taylor <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sun, 9 Mar 2014 17:50:11 -0700
> Thomas Taylor <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Would any of you K2 owners want to get together to order the PCB's for a
> > quantity discount?
> >
> > Thanks, Tom  KG7CFC
> >
> > ########

Just a follow up.  The boards have arrived and I have cut them apart.  There
were 9 boards total, one of which is mine.  They were rough cut on a bandsaw
and have slightly rough edges which you will have to finish yourselves as my
ability is limited by age and equipment.

I will ship the 8 boards to the first eight people who originally requested
them when I receive payment of $16.00 to cover the board and shipping.  Payment
may be made via PayPal ([hidden email]).

As there were more than 8 requesters I will order another set if there is
enough interest.

73 & Thanks for your patience, Tom  KG7CFC

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: [K2] Miscellaneous Accessory Board Project

bdenley
Tom:
Please add me to those interested if you order another batch.
Brian Denley
KB1VBF

Sent from my iPad

> On Mar 19, 2014, at 5:59 PM, Thomas Taylor <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On Sun, 16 Mar 2014 11:46:19 -0700
> Thomas Taylor <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 9 Mar 2014 17:50:11 -0700
>> Thomas Taylor <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Would any of you K2 owners want to get together to order the PCB's for a
>>> quantity discount?
>>>
>>> Thanks, Tom  KG7CFC
>>>
>>> ########
>
> Just a follow up.  The boards have arrived and I have cut them apart.  There
> were 9 boards total, one of which is mine.  They were rough cut on a bandsaw
> and have slightly rough edges which you will have to finish yourselves as my
> ability is limited by age and equipment.
>
> I will ship the 8 boards to the first eight people who originally requested
> them when I receive payment of $16.00 to cover the board and shipping.  Payment
> may be made via PayPal ([hidden email]).
>
> As there were more than 8 requesters I will order another set if there is
> enough interest.
>
> 73 & Thanks for your patience, Tom  KG7CFC

> Message delivered to [hidden email]

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: [K2] Miscellaneous Accessory Board Project

Thomas Taylor-2
On Sun, 9 Mar 2014 17:50:11 -0700
Thomas Taylor <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Would any of you K2 owners want to get together to order the PCB's for a
> quantity discount?
>
> Thanks, Tom  KG7CFC
>
> ########
>
> On Sun, 9 Mar 2014 07:29:22 -0700 (PDT)
> Dave KW4M <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I've recently completed a project for the K2 that merges the W3FPR
> > fixed-level audio output circuit, K6XX tuning indicator circuit, CW computer
> > keying circuit, and optionally the unpcbs.com Internal Mic Adapter.
> >
> > These functions are included on a single circuit board that plugs into the
> > K2 front panel board.
> >
> > Two microphone connector pins are used to bring the fixed-level audio output
> > and the CW keying signals outside the radio.
> >
> > Complete details can be found  here.
> > <http://www.genebitsystems.com/david/K2MiscAccessoryBoard/index.htm>
> >
> > 73,
> > Dave
> > KW4M

<<<<< snip >>>>>

Since I've had MANY requests for boards I am going to order another set.  I
have notified the original requesters for whom I already have boards but will
keep this list active until more boards arrive.

Thanks for your patience & 73  Tom  KG7CFC

--
It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world, and moral
courage so rare.

^^  --...  ...--  / -.-  --.  --...  -.-.  ..-.  -.-.

^^^^
Tom Taylor  KG7CFC
openSUSE 13.1 (64-bit), Kernel 3.11.6-4-default,
KDE 4.11.2, AMD Phenom X4 955, GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Nvidia 325.15)
4GB RAM -- 3x1.5TB sata2 -- 128GB-SSD
FF 27.0, claws-mail 3.9.2
registered linux user 263467

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: [K2] Miscellaneous Accessory Board Project

Thomas Taylor-2
For those whom have requested the PCB previously offered, I am placing an order
for two more sets of boards this evening.  I will keep all requesters on the
list and will notify you when I have received the boards, about 1 week.

73 & Thanks, Tom  KG7CFC

--
The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance. The wise man grows it under
his feet.

^^  --...  ...--  / -.-  --.  --...  -.-.  ..-.  -.-.

^^^^
Tom Taylor  KG7CFC
openSUSE 13.1 (64-bit), Kernel 3.11.6-4-default,
KDE 4.11.2, AMD Phenom X4 955, GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Nvidia 325.15)
4GB RAM -- 3x1.5TB sata2 -- 128GB-SSD
FF 27.0, claws-mail 3.9.2
registered linux user 263467

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: [K2] Miscellaneous Accessory Board Project

George Winship, NC5G
<quote author="Thomas Taylor-2">
<For those whom have requested the PCB previously offered, I am placing an order
<for two more sets of boards this evening.  I will keep all requesters on the
<list and will notify you when I have received the boards, about 1 week.

<73 & Thanks, Tom  KG7CFC

I would be interested in one of these boards also.

73, George NC5G

Re: [K2] Miscellaneous Accessory Board Project

Sean Michael Johnston

Tom,

Can you please add me to your list?
I’d like to get one of these boards from you as well.

73, Sean KG5AJZ

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: [K2] Miscellaneous Accessory Board Project

Brian - N5BCN
Hi Tom,

I'm interested in purchasing one of the boards if and when one becomes available.

73 Brian N5BCN

Re: [K2] Miscellaneous Accessory Board Project

Thomas Taylor-2
On Wed, 19 Mar 2014 14:59:33 -0700
Thomas Taylor <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sun, 16 Mar 2014 11:46:19 -0700
> Thomas Taylor <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 9 Mar 2014 17:50:11 -0700
> > Thomas Taylor <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Would any of you K2 owners want to get together to order the PCB's for a
> > > quantity discount?
> > >
> > > Thanks, Tom  KG7CFC
> > >
> > > ########

<<<<< snip >>>>>

To all who have ordered one of the K2 MAB boards, I have received many more
requests than I have boards on order.

For those not familiar with PCB production, ExpressPCB, the board-house
originally used by the author, has a special category for very small prototype
boards.  They charge $109.70 which includes shipping to my mailbox for a panel
of three boards.  Each panel is 3.8 x 2.5 inches and up to 4 layers.  The
cost is for three of the panels for a total of 18 boards per order.

I must cut each panel apart on a bandsaw to get the three boards.  I'm getting
older and have neurological problems and consequently have problems with the
cutting.  Had I know how many requests I would be getting for the boards I
would have only gotten one panel for myself.

I also wish to prologize for the time getting these requests filled.  I spent
several days in hospital and am only recovering slowly.  Therefore I will not
be able to process ADDITIONAL requests but WILL FILL REQUESTS ALREADY RECEIVED.

If any of you wish to take on this project I am willing to send you all the
necessary information and site specifics.

Thanks & 73, Tom  KG7CFC

--
The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance. The wise man grows it under
his feet.
  -  James Oppenheim

^^^^
Tom Taylor  KG7CFC
openSUSE 13.1 (64-bit), Kernel 3.11.6-4-default,
KDE 4.11.2, AMD Phenom X4 955, GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Nvidia 325.15)
16GB RAM -- 3x1.5TB sata2 -- 128GB-SSD
FF 27.0, claws-mail 3.9.2